Meet Gertie the rotten 72 lowlight crossover :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good - the paint on the drums, is it VHT as the heat these generate is quite high?

Not sure dude as don't know what the paint temp limits are.
May be OK for sometime but could imagine it would soon start to flake or fail....

Well it'll look ok till then and lets face it, it's not gonna be on the road for sometime is it? :)

exuptoy said:
Well it'll look ok till then and lets face it, it's not gonna be on the road for sometime is it? :)
:lol:
Not forgotten about the bumper irons - need to find them as buried somewhere in the garage....
Spent this weekend fitting a new head unit to my TT - next few weeks will begin again on the van :?

No rush dude.

Not sure if you are aware, the TT has a hidden menu in the climate control computer? If you press recirc and the up arrow together it shows 1C then use the dial to select which number you want and then recirc once again it gives you the value for that item.
When I had my 225 before I repaired the dash I was using it for the speedo display.

The rear valance I had here was seriously rusty so I dropped it into the bucket the following day (still had it kept warm with the heater), and this was the outcome.
Totally blown away once again! I haven't a trough big enough so then middle section is cooking with some saturated cloths on top. I'll check it later.

Following soaking the centre with soaked cloths. Now coated with Kurust before painting with etch primer.

Also changed over my torsion cap and masking a one to paint to.

Today's work was to reassemble the hub with new bearings and brake assy which went without issue and my new Boge dampers arrived so a new one was fitted at the same time.

I cleaned all the floor (half) back to clean shiny metal before covering it with Rusto, still have minor floor repairs to carry out and a half load floor to purchase but it's still going forward.

Fish'd my drive shaft out of the de-rusting bucket and stuck a coat of Kurust on it then some black Rusto. Also sprayed the CV joint silver. Tried getting my handbrake cable pipe fitted which entailed drilling the jacking point and the chassis a little but the pipe was 12.5mm OD so was tight but it was a pig to fit as it was too stiff to bend to shape. Wrote it off as a bad job so need to find thinner walled pipe. Called it a day and went out on the 675 to buy some top coat and lacquer for the 955i lower fairing repair.

675 - was thinking of getting one of those this year (but would be selling the van to purchase...)

It's an awesome ride. Also have a 955i Daytona too. Sold my 98 R1 and picked that up in January. The 675 is awesome fun though.

I swapped my Street Triple R for the 675 Daytona last August. That was fun but prefer the sportsbikes.

Not ridden one yet - last year had a go on a new GSXR 1000 and BMW S1000R - both awesome and plenty powerful.........

Oh and the R-nine-T which was good fun:

20170723_112312_zpsqsa7cc46.jpg

Last bike I owned was a ZX6R which was good fun (around 13 years ago).

DSCF0002_zpschqdxcdv.jpg

Nice! I had K3 and a K5 1000 Gixer and an 09 CBR1000RR. These two were my first sub litre bikes in 20 years and they really are phenomenal.

After previously struggling to shape the handbrake conduit in little increments I had a bit of a brainwave and I used my conduit bender and pre shaped the rear end where it travelled through the main chassis rails then tapped it rearwards until it was past where I needed then knocked it back forwards and popped it through the crossmember before threading in the cable.

That looks nice! :)
I need to do the same with the clutch conduit but at least that is more straightforward.
Where did you buy the conduit??

Latest posts