1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10375_F76-_D3_B1-435_E-858_A-_F4_CF6_DBBA57_A.jpg

Yeah well happy mate, should be home in the next couple of weeks.

Also got my tinware re done. Perks of the father in law being a powder coater :D pick my new Holley fuel pump, pressure regulator & ceramic coated 1 5/8 merged header up next week and I’m in the process of blue printing the carbs.

Saw ‘Patina Paul’ the other day who hooked me up with an ‘NOS’ :lol: Bus Barn trucker cap, Felt all nostalgic wearing this. Good company from back when the scene was about the cars and partying with friends rather than the clicky and pretentious nonsense it’s become.

Francine’s 59’ made an appearance after being tucked up for the winter. Freshly refurbed wheels, Porsche hub caps and different size tyres. Next job is a noce little 1641 :mrgreen:

Spec will be:
1641, Mahle forged pistons & barrels, Engle w110 cam 1.1:1 rockers on bolt up shafts, straight cut timing gears, ported & polished stock valve heads, twins Weber 36 IDF’s and a 1 1/2” merged header with an old Skool twin quite pack muffler along with being balanced and blue printed Nothing brutal, will give it plenty of drivability, some enough power to make it a cool little street car and be a fun drive.

So it seems all my pictures have vanished again :x

Not gonna bother with updating this thread anymore.

gas1man said:
So pissed at this , was keeping an eye on my favorite bus. :x :x :x

J & P
:D :D :D

Thanks man, I appreciate that, truly humbled. I’ve got a build thread on facebook and post a lot on Instagram too. So feel feel free to follow on those 8)

This is the 3rd time all my photos have been lost, can’t be bothered with the aggro now

Not good for you - or me as don't do Facebook or Instagram so good luck with the work

I feel your pain K@rlos, some more images have gone from my thread, after running the 'crack' and then replacing them... so frustrating isn't it!
When you've been running a thread for literally years it really does suck.
Keep on with the good work though your build is inspirational mate ;)

Liam

gas1man said:
Picture working!!!!!
Nice job , looking well cool.

J & P
:D :D :D

Cheers man, should be pretty cool when it’s done. Big motor with IDA’s, Porschewheels, brakes and built gearbox :mrgreen:

Oh boy it certainly looks like it was worth it!
Looks stunning! Cant wait to hear the engine
Gonna be sweet

Dived straight in, old buckled beam off. I discovered a long lost man hole in some long grass a couple years ago :?

Upol raptor is epic stuff, pricey but worth every penny. And tinting it brings fantastic results

New went together nicely, also remembered how much I hate re dimpling torsion leaves so I popped into work on my day off and used the machine shop :mrgreen:

Gone for a 4.5" narrowed king & link pin with caster adjustment from Transporterhaus, He's developed beams with Delrin bushes rather than needle roller bearings. Delrin is a good material and doesn't squeak like other materials so I thought I'd give it a go. My Slamwerks dropped spindles are still in great shape so they got a clean, a re grease and are good to go again

Latest posts