1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More sanding and prep today

Seats also scrubbed up well so no need to recover them :mrgreen:

Got my new carbs :mrgreen: The anodised Jaycee velocity stacks will be getting swapped for a proper Weber set

Don't worry Mr Bennett, the pink stacks are going. Got some genuine Weber chrome velocity stacks coming to go with some other IDA goodies I've brought :mrgreen:

Jaycee AN fuel line fittings and return spring fitting kit

Spent today finishing my engine test stand, looking forward to this as I can do cam burns and tuning before fitting engines which will be nice.

gninnam said:
Like it and looks fairly simple to ;)

Yeah it’s a gutted 1500 box, the starter, tacho, coil and electric fuel pump are from my parts stash.Got an oil pressure gauge, warning light and charging light left to fit. And of course a basic full flow filter set up.

The starter button is the stop bell button from an old London route master bus :mrgreen:

Few bits done today, mocked up and altered the tinware to work with the scat trac manifolds, also fitted some bolt on rocker covers and re set the valve lash.

Just need to tidy up the edges of the tin and it can all re powder coated.

Looking well cool is that (liking the classic bike in the background!!)

Yeah I’m happy with it, tinware took some work to clear the manifolds though :roll:

Bike is a guy I know. It’s a BSA gold flash with the big valve super rocket engine, I let him keep his bus and that in my workshop but he's pissing me off by being a messy fucker :x so he's getting kicked out next month :lol:

Bit more done today, drilled and fitted breather fittings to the rocker covers and then mocked all the exhaust up. Annoyingly the new dynomax muffler fouls the engine bar :x but I have another old header so I’ll cut the flange off and use it as a spacer with longer bolts to move it away from the bar. Don’t wanna cut the muffler around tbh as it’s brand new and was rather expensive. But my solution should hopefully be ok.

Got an old Skool cal-look to it I think and should tuck away nicely under the rear apron 8)

Latest posts