"LemurBus" Empty Garage Syndrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StuF said:
Engine is ready to install and engine mounts are welded in
Loom is done and ready to install
Belly mounted rad is ready to fit just need to space it away from the remote brake servo for clearance
Currently dealing with gearbox clearance issues both at the rear (slave cylinder) and front (shift selector rod)
Would be making more progress if I could stand lying under the bus in sub zero temps getting grinding sparks in my eyes, ears and hair despite goggles and added to the fact im working full time!
Oh and we are moving house in the next month or so - no pressure!! fml!

Hang in there Stu, it'll all be worth it buddy... sounds like you've got it all sussed!
did you see the d.i.y radiator and pipework kit on the tsr fb page?

Looks really smart - my RJES rad pack is signicantly larger and incorporates two massive fans and an integral scoop.
That one would be easier to install too but I’ll make do with what I’ve bought.
Nice to see other options though. Will have a good crawl around yours when I see it in the metal.

Yeah there's a large fan too that's not pictured.. not sure about a scoop though,I'll find out, you're more than welcome to scrutinize the finished project! all being well I want to get to the E.B camp out this year too
L

Crikey - they arent hanging about! Looks mint buddy
Mine has just had the loom installed and fuel lines and pump going in tomorrow
Then I might manage to catch you up progress wise

StuF said:
Crikey - they arent hanging about! Looks mint buddy
Mine has just had the loom installed and fuel lines and pump going in tomorrow
Then I might manage to catch you up progress wise

Can't wait Stu! mine'll not catch yours up on the road though!
I think it'll be another 2 week yet. I've opted for the heater system now too ;) so that will slow things a little I guess.
Thanks for checking in.. adding any pics to your thread??

L

Nope nothing new yet - been suffering the last two weeks getting the gearbox in, all sorted now
Will be rolling soon fingers crossed - and have opted for a bit of custom exhaust action too

"give it a little rev then" :bliss: :bliss:

https://www.facebook.com/tsrengineconversionssubaru/videos/792902930907545/?hc_ref=ARSFoCIiUmcfzEubKGnqHJVssHC9443vojdwuaxF-jopQt5Q_ZjXTgWJue_9Vnt5z9I&pnref=story

Looks factory mate - awesome work!
You are way ahead of me now - im still sorting the wiring out

Get yourself some engine bling
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262699535598?_trksid=p2057872.m570.l5999&_trkparms=gh1g%3DI262699535598.N36.S1.R1.TR1.R1.TR1

s-l1600.jpg

StuF said:
Looks factory mate - awesome work!
You are way ahead of me now - im still sorting the wiring out

Thanks Stu!
Looks better than I expected tbh, went with all black/metal in the end, trying for a simple understated look.. loving the matt finish exhaust with wrap.

-But in all fairness I can't really take much credit, I just selected a company to carry out the work (but research did lead me to the company who have been doing this since the mid 90's).

Would have loved to have done it myself/had the time/ had the right space and so on.. but I guess at least I'm earning while it's being converted.

Looking forward to seeing some progress pics from your mission mate!! :D

Liam

Will be collecting the bus this Saturday, Andy has completed the conversion now... engine, freeway flyer, brake servo and the addition of the 3 speed heater. Has undergone rolling road tests etc plus come with a full engineers report.
Very excited to collect it. I'll update once I've traveled the 116 miles back :)

L

Would love to see your face the first time you use some of the available power - youll be grinning from ear to ear!
Awesome to see it done so efficiently and quickly - mine is languishing on the drive at my new gaff under a cover at the min due to the fact it wont fit in the new garage! Off to the exhaust fabricators Friday though so not all gloomy and should have a 4 post ramp in soon.

StuF said:
Would love to see your face the first time you use some of the available power - youll be grinning from ear to ear!
Awesome to see it done so efficiently and quickly - mine is languishing on the drive at my new gaff under a cover at the min due to the fact it wont fit in the new garage! Off to the exhaust fabricators Friday though so not all gloomy and should have a 4 post ramp in soon.

Well Stu you were spot on! haven't stopped grinning since about 13:00 today! :)

Bloody things awesome!! we got there and Andy showed me / explained all that he'd done, dealt with the boring paperwork side of things then asked me to start her up....Wow, turn key, hear the pump pressurize then turn the key fully to hear the powerful sound of the Subaru engine jump to life, it has that positive throaty noise you know and love but at the same time not too loud that it's an issue.

So off we set on the 116 mile journey home, Andy insists I (try) to keep revs low and don't exceed 50 mph for the initial 500 miles :( Now the wife is a gem and also drove at 50 in front of me, just in case of some issue. On the A1 now and again the odd car would come onto the motorway via a slip road and stay between us a while, once they overtook her I literally only had to 'tickle' the accelerator to be straight back behind her. It's very fast (careful, wheels will spin in 1st,2nd and 3rd) with hill climbing now fun and the Servo makes the money spent a while back on the CSP discs up front feel worth it. We arrived home without issue and feeling great.
Point to add, I got out of the van at home and immediately felt the chill , yep you guessed it.. the new heater is also awesome.
I feel like a dog with 2 d**ks :lol: Our bus is now a modern feeling, nippy joy!

MASSIVE thank you to Andy Raw @ TSR conversions, the whole experience has been trouble free, he's very respectful of how much your van means to you. Communication is great, comes with a 12 month warranty 0r 10,000 mile. Would recommend them without question.

I'll be clocking up those 500 miles sharpish!

L

Brilliant end result for you and the van.
You enjoy and hope to see your van one day :)

Latest posts