1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good thing come to those who wait fella!!! Progress is looking spot on. Like the use of the raptor.

marcher said:
All good thing come to those who wait fella!!! Progress is looking spot on. Like the use of the raptor.

Cheers man, yeah that raptor stuff is amazing! Can hit it with a claw hammer with little affect to it. Cab floor and all the inside of the front panel has been done, along with the whole underside, the outside bottom inch of the front and the rear quarters. It's all been tinted with the body color and being behind the bumpers no one will really notice unless they look close. But the protection it will provide makes up for that.

So this may be happening soon :msn4:

If nothing else I’ll have a bit of bragging rights to say I’ve got an IDA motor :lol:

In order to get some more ground clearance I swapped to a cb performance deep sump but they have a flaw, no sump bung... :? Which makes for a messier oil change. So, I collard a mate with a CNC machine and he made me this. Looks lovely, shame no fucker will ever see it :lol:

Scored a nice (and cheap) pair of stock seats. As much as I love the comfort of the Porsche tombstones they don’t really match the style of the bus more so now it’s restored. So I’ll recover cover these with in the black and get some Simpson harness too.

Things have tailed off again abit annoyingly but I’ve been focusing on getting Stu Cully’s bus done which it now is, but anyway...

More panel prep :roll: :lol:

But it will all be worth it with the end result.

Also got a few more bits for the engine coming which include some CB Performance rocker covers to compliment the Ultra-mag heads I got from them also as well as getting the tin ware powder coated again to freshen it up.

Keep toying with going for a full MSD ignition system too but I’ve heard some mixed reviews about the quality of there distributors :? So may just stick with the Bosch 009 and get a ‘soft touch’ Rev limiter.

K@rlos said:
Also got a few more bits for the engine coming which include some CB Performance rocker covers to compliment the Ultra-mag heads I got from them also as well as getting the tin ware powder coated again to freshen it up.

Keep toying with going for a full MSD ignition system too but I’ve heard some mixed reviews about the quality of there distributors :? So may just stick with the Bosch 009 and get a ‘soft touch’ Rev limiter.

Rockers look sweet. 8)

MSD ignition system as you said have mixed reviews....

We went all the way to cornwall to pick up Baz's bus a few years back and the only hold up was Ben struggled to get the bus running right due to the MSD set up (Rotor disc kept burning out!?? 2/3 times! But i guess u need all the kit to set them up correctly?
In the end he slapt in a 009 and it fired up straight away...and we went on our way!!!! :lol:

Too clever for my little brain I'm affraid...... 009 for the win! 8) :lol:

Saying that, after we got the Bus back and Baz took it up to SkegVegas, he then had the MSD put back on and set up by Steff at ACE with no issues!?
So like said if you have the kit and knowledge to set it up correctly I'm sure its the tits!? I know the Americans rate it!?

My understanding is that the internal plating is of poor quality and it all suffered from corrosion inside. MSD is a bit over kill for a street engine tbh and the Genuine 009 with a Petronix unit and high power coil has always served me well. Perhaps I’m just being abit of a tart lol wanting that fancy stuff.

Latest posts