1970 San Francisco westfalia resto

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moseley said:
Savage engine. But please, if they are the cast hub nuts that they look like in the photo - bin them and buy some OG style machined ones. Having had one split in half on the move, I wouldn't ever use them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fitted those 9 years ago, done 10’s of thousands of miles, dozens traffic light launches and burnouts and they are still going strong. They only split if over tightened.

I wasn’t overly happy with the cheap and crappy Heritage centre caps in the gasburners so I brought a set over original detailed Porsche centres :) Really make a difference I think, need a bit of fettling to fit but worth the effort I think

K@rlos said:
Moseley said:
Savage engine. But please, if they are the cast hub nuts that they look like in the photo - bin them and buy some OG style machined ones. Having had one split in half on the move, I wouldn't ever use them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I fitted those 9 years ago, done 10’s of thousands of miles, dozens traffic light launches and burnouts and they are still going strong. They only split if over tightened.

I knew I shouldn't have had that tinned spinach on the day mine broke...

Few more little bits arrived for the motor today... tinware screws, CSP manifold nuts and some correct size 1 5/8 exhaust gaskets. Surprising how many people use stock exhaust gaskets on a performance engine :|

Cheers for the good feedback chaps, paint finish should be amazing when done. Richard had the primer tinted to match the actual top coat of L87 pearl white :D

As for tyres, not sure yet. Maybe 185/70 15 rear and 165/55 15 at the front

Bit of an update, wheel tubs painted and cab floor etch primed & coated with u-pol raptor :)

Also got the engine bay painted this week too 8)

My target was skeg Vegas 2018 but although it’s achievable I’m not bothered if I miss it tbh. My attitude now is it will be done when it’s done. Main thing is when it is finished it will Be arrow straight, rust free and go like fuck. So essentially it will be a new bus. I still have the 59 bug to wiz about in so... :D

Latest posts