rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, my first trip to Viva Skeg Vegas.

Set up

Roland arrived later Friday evening in his cool high '67 Westy.

Always room for a pre-breakfast cider.

Happy birthday Roland.

Weekend tuneage provided by the STFU crew

Good weekend with good company, not sure I'd make the 4 and bit hours trip next year though.
Bit of an early Bristol Volksfest feel to the show, but not outstanding.
Sorry.

Berkeley today.

1st one there, again.

And then the rest turned up.

A few other cars worth looking at.

Well done Rich, best bay this year. :)

Not too impressed with the layout this year.
We were supposed to be the first line of vehicles, then a host of "pimped out" T4s, T5s and Crafters pulled up in front.
By the time all the "show" vehicles were in, it looked like a car park in a field....

Today was spent fettling an oil gallery blank leak and fan belt tensioning (again....).
Also tried out one of my purchases from Berkeley last weekend.

Then a good wash ready for the trip to Brighton next Friday.

On a roll, so also washed the T6 and Lupo.
Then it started raining.

Saturday dawned dull, grey and drizzly.
I don't think egotripping knows how to cruise..... :lol:

Madiera Drive
Brighton Breeze felt a bit quiet this year, seemed to be less vehicles parked up and a significant drop in the number of trade stalls along the sea front.

Street art in the Lanes

Came home the scenic route along the A27 to avoid the M23 and M25, only added 30 minutes to the journey.
But it appears I have a crankcase pressurisation issue now......

Not been much attention lavished on the bus since Brighton, just left on the drive while the squareback's been fettled.
But as it may be used for the annual jaunt to the fireworks at W-s-M I thought I'd better try and resolve the oil issues. It might get a wash as well.
Changed the fan belt yet again, that's 4 this year.....

It seems that the oil mist could be caused by the air filter lid fixings coming away from the bases.

So new air filters purchased and installed.
Gave the breather and pipework a good clean as well.

Great pics buddy - looked like you all had a top night at the party, one for next year maybe
Bored of winter now

sparkywig said:
And me, Stu. Can't get on with any of the jobs on the bus or square.

Im fortunate to be able to beaver away in the garage at the moment - although its bloody freezing.
Would be a tough call to do any work on the drive - even swapping windscreen wipers on the Golf the other day was a struggle!

Latest posts