Worlds longest resto?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update after the first family trip out in Dorothy last weekend. We had a fab time and being in the bay just made it so much more than camping trips have been before.

I wanted to post up a big THANK-YOU to all the bayers - Early and Late - who've offered kind words, help, parts and inspiration from their own projects!

First some emergency trimming to do!

Door cards fitted, some nice OG ones in the original dark tan...

Mrs N trimmed up the interior panels...

Whilst I ran a gas pipe (in anticipation of) the hob and a propex heater..

... and fitted the vinyl flooring - no pics - running out of time!

Off we go! First stop on the shores of Ullswater for lunch in a field. Lovely.

Note: T4 in attendance with 3 bikes, a motorbike, 2 tents, the dog and a sheet of 8' x 4' ply for my brother in the back! I also love my T4 - what a worker she's been!

We had the luxury of a VERY quiet campsite for bank Holiday weekend, luckily I'm from a family of farmers so went 'home' to the farm in the Lake District where I grew up. As she only sleeps 2 and a half people (and there's 5 of us) it was musical beds so everyone got a sleep in the bay!!

Breakfast time.

Lunch time.

Play time.

Dawn breaks..... They're all asleep in there...

Lots more good times ahead I feel!!

... and an extra special mention for @sparkywig who's inspiring home-resto thread talked me into all this work :( :| :? :) ;) :D

Love this!

What colour is your bus? It looks so bright and awesome!

Hi Abby,

She's L50K - neptune blue, with L90D - pastel white roof/bumpers.

Everyone loves the colour!

Hi, just read through the whole of your thread 8) some fantastic work and the bus looks stunning, well done. 8)

... then France in July:
Cumbria > Loire valley > Ile de Re (gorgeous!!!) > Brittany > Cumbria :D 2000+ miles - some pretty hard/hilly/hot days (350 miles in one hit / 30 deg.C), the 2.0 type 4 did amazingly well.

Newhaven - first time abroad, hopefully the first of many ;) Bon vacances!

The full 5 person set-up... photobombed!

Awesome. Loving the life!!
Can't stop driving her, we did about 5,000 miles over the last year :shock:

Latest posts