"LemurBus" Empty Garage Syndrome

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the Hella auxiliary reverse light fitted and working :)
Its been in a box under the bed for at least 2 years but I'm now getting to those little fun jobs,

a few pics>>
PwvjD.jpg

rYk6p.jpg

Q2D5W.jpg

More soon,
L

Send Adam aka 67Westy a PM he will sort the pics out on your thread with an easy to use script that runs automatically
Worked a treat on mine

And the photobucket hotlink on chrome works too!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/photobucket

StuF said:
Send Adam aka 67Westy a PM he will sort the pics out on your thread with an easy to use script that runs automatically
Worked a treat on mine

And the photobucket hotlink on chrome works too!

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/photobucket

yeah the chrome hotlink fix has enabled me to see them here (not sure bout others) ... think I did ask 67westy in another thread but heard nowt :(

Cheers for input Stu!

About time for an update,

So this winter will be all change for the LemurBus.. will be upgrading the engine, fitting a brake servo and looking into a solar panel (maybe flexible).
Since we're using her more and more I feel these changes are going to improve the overall camping experience, especially as we plan on some European adventures.

Bigger engine.. speaks for itself, faster better mpg and more reliable.
Servo.. obviously make braking easier and maybe then the wife will be more inclined to share the driving :roll:
Solar.. well we get about 3 days of power from the leisure battery via split charge alone, good for a weekend but we'll need more on a longer trip.

Anyway with the sun out yesterday decided to pull the lump.

Hi LemurBus, "bluecab" is looking for an engine on here take a look at the new posts
good luck

vinvan said:
Hi LemurBus, "bluecab" is looking for an engine on here take a look at the new posts
good luck

Hi again Vinvan,
yeah he did message but thought I was asking too much, obviously in my mind I have priced it fairly (several members have commented as to such)
but that's how things go, we all have our own budgets and I'm in no mad rush to move it.. it's only going towards the new lump anywho :shock:

Liam

Hi Liam
Been following your posts on here for a long time and know that you like things correct , if your engine was NOT spot on you would say, "bluecab" will end up buying a cheap engine and have all sorts of problems, and regret not buying yours, I have seen 1600 SP engines selling for up to £1500 on flebay
with no guarantee, some people cant see the wood for the trees, you know the old saying "Buy Cheap Buy Twice"

Bob

Hey Bob,
Who knows mate, I'm not aware of bluecabs situation and wouldn't want to cast judgement, found him friendly to be honest, It's no issue really. it will sell and I'm getting excited about the future work
L :D

Seen the post on facebook - gonna be sweet when its done, much easier on a 2 post ramp too
Mine is only about 10 inches off the floor on axle stands which makes the conversion a little more "challenging"

StuF said:
Seen the post on facebook - gonna be sweet when its done, much easier on a 2 post ramp too
Mine is only about 10 inches off the floor on axle stands which makes the conversion a little more "challenging"

Yeah I imagine that would be a tad awkward, I just wish TSR was located closer to me so I could pop in, although Andy seems a really nice guy and said he'll take loads of pictures, along with the social media. We've been in good communication.
I'll keep popping the pic's up here anywho ;)

What stage of the conversion you at now Stu? I'm guessing you're cracking on like!

Engine is ready to install and engine mounts are welded in
Loom is done and ready to install
Belly mounted rad is ready to fit just need to space it away from the remote brake servo for clearance
Currently dealing with gearbox clearance issues both at the rear (slave cylinder) and front (shift selector rod)
Would be making more progress if I could stand lying under the bus in sub zero temps getting grinding sparks in my eyes, ears and hair despite goggles and added to the fact im working full time!
Oh and we are moving house in the next month or so - no pressure!! fml!

Latest posts