Airtime's 1971 Westy Hellsinki!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't do much with the bus after holidays, besides visiting a couple of meetings, but last Thursday I added a new passenger to the bus:

33cbuh4.jpg

She's called Iefke and her 2 brothers are so proud! Just like their parents. 8)

That's a nice Sinterklaas gift, a baby sister for your 2 boys. Gefeliciteerd.

At the beginning of this tread, as you introduced this very very nice bus (big compliments), you said you wanted to install the continental twin bed up in the roof. How is that coming about? In the pics you posted of your trip to Italy last August, it shows you hadn't installed it yet. I'm just looking for some reviews.

Bedankt.

This thread hasn't been updated for 'a while'.... :shock: :oops: Now seems to be a good moment to update it. :D

In 2012 we took the bus to Yport in Normandy, France for summer holidays. This is just outside Fécamp:

bje2jc.jpg

The following winter I refurbed the brakes and scraped the old underseal from the bottom of the bus and applied new stonechip:

incrao.jpg

mmefdu.jpg

1zbq8zp.jpg

2mrv70z.jpg

4snxty.jpg

2yxj0hz.jpg

2hn5qg3.jpg

2hn5qg3.jpg

qzi2qo.jpg

6nv7eb.jpg

jqp9ns.jpg

2ccul3m.jpg

rw5445.jpg

I also painted the Westy roof and replated the hardware:
344uzir.jpg

308gl13.jpg

2hxu7p4.jpg

awfgg2.jpg

And fitted a Blaupunkt and jailbars:
14dh66p.jpg

n1e9hl.jpg

We went to the German Black Forest for our summer holidays, including a visit to Legoland and the Porsche museum. We started our holiday with the 60th birthday of my mother in law:

Then we went to Höhencamping Langenbrand in Schömberg.

The following day we drove on to Günzburg, where you can find Legoland-Deutschland! :D Unfortunately the camping place of Legoland was fully booked, so we had to find a near-by camping place: See Camping Günztal in Breitenthal.

Some camp site photos:

The town of Günzburg:

We stayed for 5 days, then we drove on to camping Carpe Diem located in Wildberg in the Black Forest. We had a really great time at this campsite!

Our visit to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart:

Some other photo's from the Black Forest:

My holiday-company:

Driving home:

Last winter a bought a Westfalia Essen:
1675gn5.jpg

rtfi2r.jpg

wamt78.jpg

23wk90.jpg

This year I haven't done much to the bus yet, besides some maintenance and fit mud flaps. And it's got a fresh MOT. :D

Time for an update, it's been a while... :oops: Moved house last year, so less time for the bus.

Last weekend we had our first camping weekend of the year and we had a great time! Some photos:

wu2tt1.jpg

25fudeh.jpg

ajmbt4.jpg

And last night I went to the monthly local aircooled meeting. Some of the cars that showed up:
34taaut.jpg

The coming period it's time for some maintenance to get it ready for the camping and show season! 8)

A week ago it was time for the annual spring camp out of the Dutch baywindow club, 55 vans (early and late) showed up during the weekend:

2vj4rnr.jpg

Last weekend my wife had a stall a a local market. The organisers also have a white '71 westy, zo we used our vans as decoration for the market:

2uro84x.jpg

nq9r0i.jpg

epm4nt.jpg

8)

We spent our summer holidays in Italy, on a campsite on Lake Trasimeno. Here some pics.

In the Alps close to Innsbruck:

On the A22 Autostrada:

Our pitch at the campsite:

The westy did great, no problems whatsoever. 8)

Latest posts