Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after an awesome weekend at EarlyBay Campout - thought I would post some pics of the event for those who were not able to go.
Was a great event and we ended up with 65 buses lined up in age order! No mean feat!
Right on with the pics

We cruised down from Lincoln with Adam, Hannah and Penny although he 67 managed to keep up fairly well
k423E.jpg

We arrived

hy5oJ.jpg

And got set up

ckTpU.jpg

KFqsn.jpg

Few more peeps

BymdD.jpg

WASUq.jpg

pRlYf.jpg

ZcqxB.jpg

rDBHk.jpg

Beautiful site

c5L4r.jpg

kwfsr.jpg

MtKOU.jpg

C2x7v.jpg

First evening consisted of playing fire Jenga with Ozziedog around the fire pit! And some alcohol was involved!

ogQcP.jpg

fUcvB.jpg

Saturday morning

Who said Tin Tops werent practical for families!!

Zw9YR.jpg

gBm9R.jpg

p4JnE.jpg

OUn17.jpg

yPph0.jpg

vEV30.jpg

One of my favourites!!

rIMhf.jpg

lvgb3.jpg

Epic Turbo Scooby Engined Scooby 5 speed gearboxed bay with Porsche running gear!!

kSxCs.jpg

1CoJF.jpg

Rolands crew drove to the campout all the way from Belgium!! EPIC! 8)

h1g5L.jpg

And then the some pics of todays fun

8DG4p.jpg

85Yoz.jpg

V5yjJ.jpg

g3tbe.jpg

ifeNb.jpg

0H4iM.jpg

PkMT7.jpg

aWGNE.jpg

cVr1p.jpg

fGLZ5.jpg

Wr9eq.jpg

KMSvf.jpg

UWPvl.jpg

QA8lg.jpg

:D :D 8) 8) :D :D

Good trip again mate, one we got of your van on the drive down...
83bcf7fff797086efdeb94d53c44c205.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Today was the dreaded MOT - I always mean to get it done at the start of the season but never manage to get round to it.
Was booked in for 11am this morning

7bQwW.jpg

KaHsr.jpg

BeHqm.jpg

Another clean bill of health! No Advisories for Murphy again! Well happy with that

IwyOb.jpg

:D 8) :D

After speaking to Graham at Stanford and the EarlyBay campout we discussed improving my braking, ive been used to a very firm pedal and some pretty robust brakes having a CSP disk kit upfront and freshly adjusted drums at the back however when fully laden with stella and camping gear the approaches to roundabouts and downhill stretches can sometimes be a little "hairy" especially if a car decides to nip infront at the last minute.

Ive done thousands upon thousands of miles in all sorts of terrain through mountain passes in Europe to the steep hills in Cornwall and with future usage in mind a remote brake booster seemed to be a good idea to make the most of the equipment I already have installed.

So today was a good day out in the bus - I attended my appointment at Midland EarlyBay for some brake BOOST work!
Set off at 0630 from Lincoln to make the 110 mile trip to Grahams unit.
Arrived at 0900 and he cracked on.

Here come the pics!!

Just incase I forgot where I was going!

rqANF.jpg

Pic of the booster on the table - substantial bit of kit!

7M6l3.jpg

Sorting out the problematic carb takeoff for the booster to function correctly - not easy with empi manifolds as the takeoff can foul the HT lead

NrFXb.jpg

Some of the buses I was sharing the unit with today!

PJDdG.jpg

Carb work done

RZI3h.jpg

Pic of my rear suspension travel!

tOsPH.jpg

Gratuitous ass shot!

mK3fi.jpg

Hiding in the corner like a naughty panel van!

nLs3U.jpg

Pic under the cab of my disconnected heater blower motor!

GqC4h.jpg

Underbody shot

cR3MJ.jpg

Finding a decent place to mount the booster - in the chassis rails out of harms way

tbQrV.jpg

OG Belly Pans - factory fitted as far as we can tell, certainly welded on!

cN9YR.jpg

Booster vacuum pipe being positioned

auYGC.jpg

wPZri.jpg

Booster mounted

7dQcL.jpg

Engine to front shot

bqmC5.jpg

One way valve installed

AIx5D.jpg

Brake lines being installed - Graham decided to take a shower in my brake fluid, think he likes the smell!!

gBnuF.jpg

V1MaT.jpg

zYfP7.jpg

Installed

9EVi4.jpg

After driving the 110 miles home - wow is all I can say!
Brakes function like a modern car with a progressive pedal and very responsive yet not grabby action.

Wish it was something I had fitted years ago - can approach roundabouts faster and brake later without fear!

Cheers Graham - very happy with the installation! Highly recommended

It's tucked up between the two chassis rib sections and bolted to the front and rear section - not easy to see, will take a better pic or have a look to see if I have omitted one.

It was a pleasure to see you and Murphy yesterday Stu, glad you are pleased with the results

Also forgot to add that the bus drives so much nice now there is grease in the beam and steering idler!
Its stopped all the crashing and banging - so peeps if your bus has become a little hard on the suspension and lost its compliant road handing ways get your grease gun out and go crazy. Thanks again Graham - cracking day out!

Have to take Adam out in the bus now to demonstrate the difference!

Well it looks like photobucket have stopped all 3rd party image hosting without paying for their premium service
Guess I will be editing every post and will have to find another site to host my pics!!
What an arse!
Any recommendations - im thinking of going with imgur.com?

I use Tapatalk now, uploads pics straight from my iPhone, much easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did some small jobs on the bus this weekend ready for our trip to Silverstone, Cotswolds and then to Dubs@TheCastle - 2 weeks away living the dream.

Nice little oil change, replaced the cracked fuel pump pedestal and also the oil filler neck securing nut with a fresh item and new seal.

Have a small weep I think from the oil cooler that will be getting sorted when I next remove the engine. Got new gaskets for it but didn't have the time this weekend to drop the engine. It's a tiny weep but I like a dry engine.

Onto the pics
2b8f1116e9e1dba852f9f8bacb04162a.jpg

bb07b9e3f42a82844c4751a058015d77.jpg

9086e8252e1c8a29cfd9cbf42af37ce1.jpg

fcc5913b3a374f94079daad16be495da.jpg

1d4c2389d671e50e873d4e1f6e743906.jpg

ee71bc8f4e26e30fe5eede324b5d63e4.jpg

573756a1294fb1cc86bfa021a5fbb47b.jpg

Small crack in the pedestal- was glued but wanted to replace it

a63967b3676fcc9bc2dc8aa356fedd2e.jpg

8afc08d09b54d2965814e64134bc9b11.jpg

365411363255e2ffc82685f1f7b663ba.jpg

80c011bae6ababc5bbfd85490dad909f.jpg

ac9f1f2b734235788f16ad543bd44e39.jpg

All back together

4ace471895bc6c1ac5fc019391c13314.jpg

Nice fresh oil all ready for our trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm slightly disappointed.... the title added boost, I was expecting a turbo charged motor....

K@rlos said:
I'm slightly disappointed.... the title added boost, I was expecting a turbo charged motor....

Haha - nope just a brake booster!! Sorry

Latest posts