Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya Stu, I`m glad you`re back too, just in time to get set for the summer fun, and the fifty year thingy that Grahams sorting.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, See you in a field somewhere soon :mrgreen:

Welcome back mate, will have to grab a beer soon :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Had a look through your thread Stu , serious work you have done there !
Could I get some information on the orange ball fire suppression kit please
Cheers Graeme

Graeme - good to hear from you buddy. Yep had an emotional year last year with the bus and it's issues!
Seems to be sorted now and running sweet.
My little red ball is flame activated fire extinguisher - first saw them over in Iraq where standard fire extinguishers blow their seals due to the very hot temps they are exposed to. Works well in the engine bay environment and I have had 1000's of miles with it fitted without incident.

If the ball is exposed to flame it basicallly explodes covering the area in flame retardant powder. Won't be very good for the engine but will put the fire out!

They are being sold on Amazon now

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/mvs/AFO-Fire-Extinguisher-Purpose-Self-activation-secluded-throwing/B01M4HJ0WQ/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_60_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QSWHVD6JK9ZNZWA6VPN2

Cost effective solution for the worst case issue.

Hope to catch up with you in a field soon
Stu

Just bought one, easier than fitting a Firetec and It looks cool too, thanks for the public service announcement Stu!

Bus all prepped for the off tomorrow to Stanford Hall - we are camping down the road before the lineup on Sun
See you peeps there! :D

bSptW.jpg

Have a good one mate. Murphy lookin good as ever! [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers fellas - he isnt a pretty bus but he wears his OG Paint well I think atleast!
Leaving for the campsite in less than an hour - weather is glorious and sunny!
Catch up with you peeps at Stanford

Well had an excellent trip down to Stanford Hall and a nice weekend camping.
Caught up with some old faces and met some new peeps too which was great.
Murphy ran well with no issues although a remote brake servo upgrade is on the cards in the near future.
Some pics of our exploits!

Dinner of champions the night before we set off!

U4ICO.jpg

Our chosen campsite for peeps planning on making the trip next year and looking for somewhere to stay - great facilities with showers and clean toilets. Very child friendly and quiet in the evenings.

y3lki.jpg

Booking in at the campsite

o32Vn.jpg

All set up ready for a beer or two!

gBbNX.jpg

fKNVY.jpg

Sunday morning arrived and some of the less hardy (non campers) arrived to convoy down to the show - lovely squareback Adam has

5k8TA.jpg

62S0Y.jpg

mpg2U.jpg

QwxnF.jpg

Didnt take tons of pics at the show - was taking in the atmosphere and steak sandwiches!

BfOlu.jpg

zGTUu.jpg

56PzQ.jpg

luheL.jpg

One of my favourite splitties that was at the show!

lf2yh.jpg

Retro cool

qe2Ia.jpg

RNKCA.jpg

NnYTG.jpg

dHFAi.jpg

Think this speedster rep is up for £29k!

zvcGy.jpg

Chunky Baja!

LPtmx.jpg

1DoM9.jpg

Had a great time apart from the torrential downpour on Monday morning just as we were packing up!
We are all packed again ready to do it again this Friday for EarlyBay Campout!

See you peeps there!

Latest posts