Monty the Red Campervan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoyed reading this thread, some really useful pics tips and stunning scenery ... Off to Scotland on Wednesday ... can't bloody wait :D

Nice looking belts, Mike, much smarter than my JK ones, which wouldn't look out of place in an Austin 1100 if I am honest. :D

matty74 said:
Really enjoyed reading this thread, some really useful pics tips and stunning scenery ... Off to Scotland on Wednesday ... can't bloody wait :D

Thanks, there's nowhere better if you like dramatic scenery, when the weathers kind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KevH said:
Nice looking belts, Mike, much smarter than my JK ones, which wouldn't look out of place in an Austin 1100 if I am honest. :D

Thanks Kev, I love the inertia reel freedom!

Missed all the shows this year, I must try to get to a show next year.

Hi Mike

Looking good as ever. I like what you've done with the belts, wishing I hadn't sold my old belt bits and pieces.....

This winters jobs take me to wipers and wiring for the front lights. Your modification to the wiper electrics still something you'd recommend?

D

Bluesnailman said:
Hi Mike

Looking good as ever. I like what you've done with the belts, wishing I hadn't sold my old belt bits and pieces.....

This winters jobs take me to wipers and wiring for the front lights. Your modification to the wiper electrics still something you'd recommend?

D
With the drizzle that we get in Britain I think the intermittent wipers are a big help. Apart from heavy rain I usually have the intermittent on any way now. I think it's because the windscreen is more vertical than on modern cars that I don't seem to need the constant wipe function as often when it's raining.

The unit I bought has seen quite a bit of use now and is still working so yes I am pleased with this mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mike202 said:
A quick update. I have put in some new seatbelts. The problem with the statics will be well known to all that have them. However I had OG belts that were in good condition so I hesitated to replace them with modern inertia reel ones. A company called FDTS in Surrey have helped with a good solution for me. I've kept the hardware , buckle and retainer bracket but have a modern inertia reel unit and new belts.

I'm very pleased with them, and no more unclipping at junctions when looking right!

:)

Love those seat belts. Now I'm going to have to go that route for the 72.

Been meaning to get a couple of small rust patches on the cab floor done for some time. I painted them with rust inhibitor 5 years ago but always wanted to get them fixed. Eventually had them repaired. Thanks to Paul Weeding @LVH Engines for doing this. :D

Bluesnailman said:
nice repair, and tasty looking mat. where did you get it from and is it a good fit?

Thanks, the cab mat is from VWH it is a good fit . It is heavy like the original and has the waffle style backing.

I've cut out some carpet underlay to go under the cab mat for a bit of sound and heat insulation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

very good, i put a few squares of dynamat (or eBay equivalent) on floor and arches and it seemed to knock some of the sound out. I was concerned about trapping water with them (not underneath, but in the general area) but its not been a problem. My mat has a few tears in it, so I'll keep that mat in mind for a future year. BTW Ive installed that gadget you did for giving more flexibility with wiper speeds. thanks for that post too

Bluesnailman said:
very good, i put a few squares of dynamat (or eBay equivalent) on floor and arches and it seemed to knock some of the sound out. I was concerned about trapping water with them (not underneath, but in the general area) but its not been a problem. My mat has a few tears in it, so I'll keep that mat in mind for a future year. BTW Ive installed that gadget you did for giving more flexibility with wiper speeds. thanks for that post too

When it rains I am always conscious of checking the cab floor under the mat for any water. Fortunately my door seals seem to be working at the moment and I have only had some rain get in once and that was in torrential rain on a journey.

It was raining on Sunday and I got to use the wipers, I actually enjoyed turning the wiper switch settings for the first time since last autumn lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts