Olive & Biddy - | Fantastic CamperJam weekend |

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: See you there if your going! :cool:
evasyrud.jpg

Foz said:
Lots of 'Vintage Speed' goodness arrived in the post yesterday. Well thats my bank holiday weekend sorted!!
u9u9ave9.jpg
Looks good, one of those on my wish list

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

So over the Bank holiday weekend I tackled my JK towbar issue head on by replacing with one of Gadgets Westy towbars that I managed to acquire. The JK towbar was just not suitable for lowered buses with its low hanging design. Perfect for a standard or mildly lowered bus, but not a slammed bus. Whilst I was going to have the rear end kind of stripped I thought it worthwhile to upgrade the exhaust at the same time. After seeing and hearing Stu and Clares Vintage speed exhaust they had installed on Murphy whilst at Stanford Hall and a chat about it all, my mind was made up.
u2y9yty5.jpg

So off with the rear to expose the towbar and exhaust. All came off without much issue, as they werent very old, only 2 years.
ny2e9ygu.jpg

are3usu2.jpg

All out ready for the new.
edytu3a9.jpg

Please dont make the mistake of installing the exhaust first before fitting the towbar....it doesnt work as I found out the hard way!!
e7y7umy3.jpg

So off comes the exhaust again and on goes the new towbar, then back on with the exhaust
3ajyheqe.jpg

All fitted, just the bumper to fit now.
yhu9u8a5.jpg

Job done!
ybenybeh.jpg

With a few more inches clearance now....Every little helps running this low!
2ynara4y.jpg

Took her for a spin around the block, sounds a totally different bus, really pleased with the sound of the exhaust. Makes it sound like I got a 2litre lump sat in the back now :lol:

Took her over some speed bumps with no scraping issues, only thing that caught slightly was the electrics plug bracket (it was a major speedbump to be fair) so may look into re-housing that possibly tucked under the bumper out of sight for a cleaner look too.

Overall totally impressed with both the towbar and exhaust. Quite a costly upgrade for the both at once, but worth every penny in my books.

Olive has become that little more user friendly now when it comes to driving over speedbumps/ramps etc.

Big like mate - looks bloody fantastic!

Will have no worries now getting on the Eurostar to Spa!

Isn't the exhaust note addictive!

Top work doing your own spannering 8)

Tow bar looks good foz

I've also just acquired one. It's on it's way.
Did u have any issues fitting it?
How'd u get on with electrics?

Bus looks lush as always ;)

shiplee123 said:
Tow bar looks good foz

I've also just acquired one. It's on it's way.
Did u have any issues fitting it?
How'd u get on with electrics?

Bus looks lush as always ;)

Cheers James,
no real issues with fitting, all the holes lined up perfectly. Just a bit heavy and awkward to install single handedly. Gotta be careful not to chip the paintwork ;)
Had to grind about 3mm off the one corner of the towbar bracket as the exhaust was just touching, but that only took 10 mins max. As for the electrics?...well I had a towbar installed already, so just kept the same electrics plug :cool:

Attended 'Dubs Mania' - Weston Park yesterday along with martin. Was a last minute decision to go. Had a top day, weather was glorious and a good turnout. Burnt to a crisp as usual.
apuhe9un.jpg

yhunupyr.jpg

8atarane.jpg

Next stop 'Dubs in the middle' - Evesham, Im hoping......

mychatype3 said:
Looking really good Foz, keep up the good work, airbag on the rear still on the program?
Greetings from Holland, mycha

It is on the 'to do' list Mycha, tho now I have a more user friendly tow bar and exhaust (for my bus anyway) it has dropped down the list.
I do have the air Bags and their brackets here in my garage for when I do go ahead with it tho.
Top of my list right now is Brakes!!

Have you completed yours now?

Foz” said:
It is on the 'to do' list Mycha, tho now I have a more user friendly tow bar and exhaust (for my bus anyway) it has dropped down the list. I do have the air Bags and their brackets here in my garage for when I do go ahead with it tho.
Top of my list right now is Brakes!!

Have you completed yours now?

Brakes are the import-end parts on the bus ;)
Next week i’m going to collect my Boxster Calipers, they now fit in the 15ers 8) (originally the fit only in 16 en 17”).
I’ve build a complete porsche 944 swimsattel set-up (4 diskbrakes all around) for a earlybay to sell? If your interested 8) (only work with 5x130 wheels, it’s the same set as i drive from 2010 to 2012).

Greetings mycha

Went to my local VW Meet yesterday for the first time. Met some really nice people. One now owns Ash's old bus off this forum (The Piece of shit bus) so couldn't resist a few snapshots of them together. A really cool bus!
bujyteha.jpg

amype6yg.jpg

5e2umaga.jpg

eqejety9.jpg

uhu3u5yq.jpg

epa5egej.jpg

yjezyjun.jpg

Some new dub friends to go out on future cruises with all being well....

Recently took delivery of a Bug Tech Shifter I purchased off a dude advertising on Facebook. Been wanting one of these for a while now. Paid a little over half what they cost for brand new......happily it is like brand new!

Now fitted and Im very pleased with how it looks and feels, especially now I've added on my little extension piece. The shift is much tighter and the throw greatly reduced.

1e4405643a4bd90b5a1b3e779e248c8f.jpg

Foz said:
Recently took delivery of a Bug Tech Shifter I purchased off a dude advertising on Facebook. Been wanting one of these for a while now. Paid a little over half what they cost for brand new......happily it is like brand new!

Now fitted and Im very pleased with how it looks and feels, especially now I've added on my little extension piece. The shift is much tighter and the throw greatly reduced.

1e4405643a4bd90b5a1b3e779e248c8f.jpg

Nice work. :D

Latest posts