• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1966 Mostard Yvonne Vintage Caravan

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BO JANGLES

Reaction score
Mostard Yvonne Classic Caravan.

After owning our beautiful 1966 classic caravan for about 5 years we've decided to let someone else enjoy it. When we first purchased it, it was as seen in the last three photos, you can see here the original upholstery which we still have & is included with the caravan, you can also see the very little used orange bunk, the original elevating roof canvas, which is faded but complete, however the cotton on the seams has started to come apart, this could easily be redone , however as you can see in picture 6, we prefer to lift the pop top & roll the canvas up held in its original poppers to let the air & light in further. Another extremely rare accessory that is still with the caravan is the day awning that you can see in picture 12, its still in its canvas bag, although we've never used it mainly to preserve it. As we restored our 1967 VW Splitscreen Bus , we decided to repaint the outside of the caravan to match & is now finished in "Harvest moon beige", the colour used on the new Beetle, together with "Cocoa" highlighting the really retro looking stripe around the body & also the wheels. I had the hub caps re-chromed & the tyres are all nearly new, including the spare. Internally I completely stripped back the wood work & restained using a quality varnish, I bought all new foam for the seats & had them professionally recovered in a period looking fabric. We replaced the curtains with matching tie backs which are lined & finally laid a new floor covering using period style tiles (Not a roll of lino), this is laid on hardboard so if you ever wanted to turn it back to original the floor, curtains, & upholstery are all there.

As you can see you tow it along behind our VW Splitty with no problem at all, its extremely lightwieght & compact, yet extremely usable. The dinette changes into a double bed & you then have a single at the other end with the bunk above. It still has the original hob & sink, together with wall mounted water tank & even the gas lamp although the glass from this is missing. A modern electric hook up has been wired in, but is not evident from the outside with any unsightly modern connectors, its consealed very well, from this you can plug into standard 13amp sockets in the van & it also has lighting.

It truly turns heads where ever its seen & would equally look good behind a classic car or bus or indeed behind a modern vehicle giving a retro look. We have loved every minute of owning her & will be sorry to see it go. The Mostard Yvonne caravan is an extremely rare dutch unit with we think only about 230 are left, there is a good owners club forum in Holland. It is 45 years old & therefore there are the odd imperfection if you're as critical as I am, but I can guarantee you will have a tough job finding one more complete & in such beautiful condition.

Buy it now for £5,000 or see it on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Classic-Retro-Caravan-Mostard-Yvonne-1966-VW-/270774793879?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1017561669464171612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrbocaravan004.jpg

mrbocaravan005.jpg

mrbocaravan007.jpg

mrbocaravan009.jpg

mrbocaravan010.jpg

mrbocaravan013.jpg

mrbocaravan016.jpg

mrbocaravan008.jpg

caravan087.jpg

caravan083.jpg

caravan085.jpg

wheelsday030.jpg

CARAVANS055.jpg

CARAVANS054.jpg

texaswesty132.jpg

VICTORIAFARM2008160.jpg

Had the exact same model as this.
Very very cool caravans 8)
Easily towed on a TP or SP motor.
When raining at Bugjam the other year ours fitted 8 adults (all drunk and partying :mrgreen: ).

Good luck with the sale.

Rich

Hoosier said:
Had the exact same model as this.
Very very cool caravans 8)
Easily towed on a TP or SP motor.
When raining at Bugjam the other year ours fitted 8 adults (all drunk and partying :mrgreen: ).

Good luck with the sale.

Rich
Thanks Rich,
It is a great classic caravan that will be sorely missed, it beats putting up an awning or tent in the rain or late at night
& is more secure when your out & about 8)

Stunning. Are willing to take part x on two children. Both are at the right age for working up chimneys? I'll also throw in 3 pats of the dog and a Curly Wurly packet? If I hadn't just blown the budget buying the van I'd love this

Best of luck with the sale

doz said:
Stunning. Are willing to take part x on two children. Both are at the right age for working up chimneys? I'll also throw in 3 pats of the dog and a Curly Wurly packet? If I hadn't just blown the budget buying the van I'd love this

Best of luck with the sale
Cheers Doz :lol:

Latest posts