• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Typ 181 aka Thing aka Trekker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody, I answered two requests in past 3 days so I´ll just slap it here:

with expensive engine and quality parts used, I´m looking for 17.500 GBP, can assist with transport (my friend just sold an early bay to UK and used Shiply service for a pretty good price). Here is quick info I put together for other interested persons:

I own the car for quite a long time, I think since 2005. In 2012 it received a larger restoration of the bodywork There were no major structural problems but it showed its age. The car received new sills, Customspeed Parts fenders all 4, and new outside paint. During dressing up majority of seals were replaced, and also new hi quality canvas roof.

The engine is 2276 ccm, built by myself in 2008-2009. During the restoration of the car in 2012 I remixed the engine with other exhaust and more agressive camshaft. Details of engine build, parts that show attention to detail and quality can be seen here, along with various stages of the car in past years:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zWtAsLjGfifODNHs2

The last time I drove the car was August 2014, when I started ground up restoration of my other car (1968 bay window) Since then the car is standing in a dry, cool, dark place and it will need to be cleaned and checked up before use /brakes, fluids, as usual).

The only problem known to me at the moment is front right balljoint, so I would change all 4 at once, cheap enough to replace. I´m under impression that the tube for the clutch cable in the tunnel may be loose on the bracket behind the shifter, but this can be also professionaly adressed before sale. Again this is a high performance car, I drove it hard but I did not abuse it in any way, but a certain level of knowledge is needed to take care of such vehicle.

Ïf you have any questions, just ask, I know I ask quite a lot of money and I want to answer as much as possible.

anybody?
Since I finished my earlybay, I´m considering putting this thing on the road in spring. If anybody is interested now is the time. It ran sweet and I will not get rid of it if I take a seat and ride...

The price can always be realistically discussed as I do not expect to make money on that car..But at the moment I´m sure it is not possible to build this car with all included components for cheaper...

Latest posts