• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Last of the XJS's (the big 6.0 V12 model)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CockneyPlayboy

Reaction score
As the CREW CAB project finally commences I need to let the head rule the heart again and I just do not have all the room for the cars I have and now the garage will be out of bounds for the Jag..... something has to give.... SO here it is... my rather rare 6.0 V12 last of the XJS's (facelift model)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This is the last of the facelift XJS models and the one fitted with the tremendous 6.0 litre V12 engine - THE ONE TO HAVE! This engine propelled the car from 0-60mph in just 6.6 seconds!
There are not many of these later model 'big cats' around and the 6.0 rarely comes up for sale so that makes this one a bit special from the rest.

This car has receipts for around £6000 in maintenance work to go with the sale, it really has had a small fortune spent on it.

I looked for a number of years for 'the right XJS' as so many are rotten or of a poor quality and I looked for over a year and almost gave up until I found this one. I immediately set about detailing the paintwork, removing as many swirls or marks as I could until it got the glass-like effect finish you see in the pictures. Dont get me wrong, it isnt perfect by any account, it is after all a 24yr old car and there are the odd stonechips here and there, but I am willing to bet it is one of the better ones you will see out there..... the paint really pops and shines deeply! And the best of it is that there is none of the usual rust often found on these cars... in fact its almost UNHEARD OF on most XJS's!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I then had it serviced so it has recent leads and plugs (which on a V12 is costly!) and fresh oil, the coolant had a back-flush and everything was checked over. The car has completed less than 800 miles since the service so you are ready to go! I even had a reconditioned water expansion tank fitted last week as these tend to go rusty and mine was no exception so there is another job that will probably never need doing again.

The car also benefits from having had a brand new headlining fitted, which as you may know is the bane of the XJS as they used to sag.... well not this one! Tyres are pretty good to my knowledge and limited edition polished turbine wheels are in nice un-kerbed condition. The electrics work, the factory Jaguar stereo is there and works (it even comes with the jaguar sample cassette!) The air-con works and whilst not amazing by todays standards, still blows nice and cold.

It rides extremely well and pulls like a train too.... these late 6.0's are very quick even by todays standards for a big car. Everything feels tight in the steering, and gear changes are super smooth and the switchable sports and N modes both work fine.
The leather is nice and supple and whilst being picky, not perhaps in A1 perfect condition, there are absolutely no tears or rips/holes only the standard wear/crease marks but MILES better than most others I have seen as the pictures will show you.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

All in all this is a very nice XJS, and there arnt too many 'bad bits' but again, being picky I will list what I know..
There are a few stone chips on the front edge of the bonnet that to make perfect you could have touched in. And sometimes, very infrequently, when starting in the extreme cold winter, whilst it always starts first time, it benefits from a few 'revs' before you pull away. After a moment of revs it idles smoothly and fine. Probably nothing and yes I know, they all do it but still, I thought I would mention it. I had it looked over and they could find nothing wrong with it.

I have tried to keep both but I need the garage to rebuild the Crew Cab and that would mean leaving the Jag on the street and I really dont want to do that, nor do I have the space as I have other cars too so... something has to give and unfortunately as the Crew Cab is worth so much more to me, its with disappointment that I have to let the XJS go which is a shame as I have been using it as my daily ride!

s-l1600.jpg

I am happy to accomodate any viewings before you buy, I have nothing to hide. The car is an honest XJS. Its not a show-winner concours example or it would be a good few grand more, however I believe honestly that it certainly is one of the better ones out there and would do as anyones daily drive as well as a classic toy. And remember..... XJS PRICES ARE SOARING UP IN VALUE these days so its an ideal time to grab a classic!

I am not a mechanic on these things just an honest enthusiast and I have described the car to the best of my opinion and knowledge, but do welcome you to come and inspect it yourselves.
I believe it is a very fair price for the model and condition so please, no low-ball chancer offers as they will be ignored.

£7995

I DONT GET ON HERE TOO MUCH NOWADAYS so please feel free to pop me an email on [email protected] if interested. The car is in Colchester, Essex.

Many thanks for looking!

** I have also remembered that I have an unpainted TWR style rear boot spoiler for it with the hole for the electric aerial and so I am happy to throw this in with the sale if you so wish... and it is worth a good couple of hundred by itself!**

Latest posts