Surrey Aircooled

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivor

Reaction score
Member of the association of VW owners clubs, so savings on your insurance costs. We have approx 100 members, (though many join just for the insurance benefits-no problem, their subs go 'in the pot' for those of us who join in club activities-everyone's happy!!).
The regular hardcore go to Vanfest, as well as Stonor and several other major events, quite a few are Bad Camberg regulars too.
Most of the commitee make the events with the family in tow, we are friendly, but possibly not the 'coolest' VW club around! :lol:
Meet us in 'The Marquis of Granby' near Sandown park, on the A307 by the Scilly isles roundabout, on the first wednesday of every month, EXCEPT January. Hope to see you there...

Could you tell me what time would be the best time to get there , on the first wednesday of every month...?

Hi there,
sorry, should have updated this post a while ago, we now meet at The Marquis of Granby, still first Wednesday, at around 8.30pm. The
pub is situated on the same road as The Fairmile, the A307, but at the other end of Esher, close to sandown park. It is on a roundabout
known as the scilly isles, with the junction of the A309.
I've just taken over as the membership secretary, there will be quite a few members there, though not sure if I can make it. Just so's you know, don't
bother saying you got the info from ivor, that's just a forum name, my real name is Tony ! :lol:

Does the club have camping meets? and are they suitable for those with a young family?

Hi, yes, there is always at least one camping weekend each Summer, as well as quite a few members who regularly go to
some of the big events together. Busfest / vanfest, whatever you call it, is one of the most popular. Several of the regulars
go with their young families, so ideal for you by the sound of it !
We now have a facebook page, search for Surrey Aircooled and you should find it. There are always a few members at our
monthly meetings at The Marquis of Granby on the Scilly isles roundabout, just half a mile from Sandown park, on the first
Wednesday of the month.
Cheers, Tony.

Thanks Tony,
I've requested to join the facebook group.
Is there a way to become a member of the Club as well?

Cheers
Dave

Send me a pm with your address, and I'll pop a form with a copy of one of our newsletters into the post for you. Cost of joining is just £8 per year.
Cheers, Tony.

Ivor said:
Hi there,
sorry, should have updated this post a while ago, we now meet at The Marquis of Granby, still first Wednesday, at around 8.30pm. The
pub is situated on the same road as The Fairmile, the A307, but at the other end of Esher Taxi, close to sandown park. It is on a roundabout
I've just taken over as the membership secretary, there will be quite a few members there, though not sure if I can make it. Just so's you know, don't
bother saying you got the info from ivor, that's just a forum name, my real name is Tony ! :lol:
We wish you good luck. I think you'll make a good secretary.

Arion49 said:
Ivor said:
Hi there,
pub is situated on the same road as The Fairmile, the A307, but at the other end of Esher Taxi, close to sandown park. It is on a roundabout
We wish you good luck. I think you'll make a good secretary.

Ha ha, that was five years ago mate. Sold my van on this forum, and although an honorary member of the club do not attend meetings anymore. They still have a FB page and meet at The Marqiuus of Granby first Wednesday though.

Given that the Marquis of Granby is walking distance from where I live, I really ought to make an appearance. Was planning on popping down last night, before I realised that it wasn't actually the first Wednesday of the month.....

Rhodrich said:
Given that the Marquis of Granby is walking distance from where I live, I really ought to make an appearance. Was planning on popping down last night, before I realised that it wasn't actually the first Wednesday of the month.....
They have a FB page if you want to contact them meantime.

Latest posts