new member with 1972 crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogabumbay

Reaction score
van1_zpsfbb1c2e8.jpg

Hi I am new to site I have a 1972 crossover bay last winter I dealt with all the underneath rust what a sod! this winter i have just taken the engine and trasmission out to sort leaks. I am trying to keep on road most of the time ,the paintwork is just a blow over after the new panels were fitted will do proper job next winter. you will see either me in the New Forest or around Boscombe and Poole Harbour.
By the way i am 56 but my moto is you are only young once but you can be immature all your life!

Hello and welcome...!! :D

The crossover 72's are popping out tonight...!!! :lol: :D 8)

More Pictures Please..!! :lol: :D

Nice bus fella, and , if i may say, you live (as i once did) in a fab+ part of the country ,wish i was where you are ! that really big ! ariel on your roof??>>impressive!

Crossovers are 72model year buses, which have features of both early and late bays.

72s have early features up to the B post, including low indicators and rounded bumpers. Rear end is that of a late bay (square air vents and tall tailights), but with one year only rounded bumpers.

I love my 72, but they are a bit like marmite around these parts.....

Matt

Welcome from another Crossover owner :) who also loves Poole and the surroundings but it's a bit of a trip for me so if i come down just for the weekend it's usually in my modern van and not the Bay. :msn4:

See below for another thread on the same topic re what makes a Crossover...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41492

Hello and welcome from another tin-top Niagara blue and white Crossover owner! :D

Can we see some interior pics please? 8)

I live on the edge of the Forest, on the Waterside.

Birdman said:
Crossovers are 72model year buses, which have features of both early and late bays.

72s have early features up to the B post, including low indicators and rounded bumpers. Rear end is that of a late bay (square air vents and tall tailights), but with one year only rounded bumpers.

I love my 72, but they are a bit like marmite around these parts.....

Matt

You can also have buses with the high front indicators and early bumpers, and the engine hatch is one year only as well.

Good choice of bus !
Some say a 72 crossover is the best bus ever made!!?!?

Yep I've got one too :party0049:
BUT I' m only a bairn @ 32 ?

bbf393fb4498b6d289544c077084d6dc.jpg

Here's mine!

Nice...Definitely a great year, but I would say that wouldn't I :lol:
Welcome to the exclusive club within the club....

Latest posts