Rant! Am I asking too much of a company? Part Deux

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick-Rackham

Reaction score
Just seen Part one, and I've got to say I've now had enough! I am disappointed that the previous thread is locked or I would have continued!

Rob, 9 weeks Dude, what you complaining about! I've been waiting 9 months for my parts back! I will dig out the entire email thread with all excuses and let the fellow enthusiasts here make their own minds up if necessary.

For those of you who are not aware, early to mid last year I lent Transporterhaus all my Oldspeed and Peter Slambulance Porsche Brake Parts so Alex could copy them and I still haven't received them back. At the same time I sent (as part of the deal on some spindles - which took over 6 months to receive) my CE Porsche Hubs, VW rear hubs, drive shafts etc to be machined, which I stil haven't seen since either! All of which I paid in full over nine months ago!

If I haven't received all items required to complete the agreed transaction by the end of this calendar month (March 2012) I will seek legal advice with a view to 9 months compensation for loss of parts, the full value of all parts not returned and or supplied and interest on monies paid.

Regards

Nick

oh dear oh dear the fella`s up to his eyeballs we hear but theres acceptable and unacceptable no matter what kind of crap he`s going through.......we`re all going through it too one way or another...hope it gets sorted soon Nick :cry:

I'm pretty sure Nicks issue arose long before the 'problem era' that everyone talks about...

Wont those fellows who's parts you lent him to 'copy' be mighty pissed off when they find out.

I had some things from his september discoount thing that took a fair few months to arrive but couldnt fault his enthusiasm, bad to hear what youre going through, especially as he will look to make a fair amount of your help and not do the honourable thing and return them.

pretty bad really

Alex has a good rep and wouldnt want to see it ruined at his own hands

this could possibly be the straw that broke the camels back.....meaning no more dropped spindles avaliable he supplys all the major retailers in fact they all come from him.I hope this gets sorted with the minimum fuss as i for one don`t want to go back to cut and shut spindles or even worse adjusters welded in the beam.Please bear with him he`s a good honest guy who`s having a very , very bad time.Im sure all will be good in the hood and in a few months we`ll all be laughing about this

All, I'm sure he is a good guy, and I know we all have issues and family problems. That's part of life. I do hope he sorts out his resource issues and finds some staff that are suitably skilled to employ so that he can grow and prosper, however, this has taken far too long now and I just want what was promised. No, I don't want to piss him off, but I think these delays are unacceptable.

As Scott says, hopefully I'll get all the parts back and the bits machined and in a few months all will be back to normal

Is it worth ringing Transporterhaus in the mornin to order me spindles???
Is Alex back at work properly???

Well, I sent down my trailing arms to Transporterhaus about three weeks ago to have new ball joints pressed in. Had all my e-mails replied to. The options were discussed, in the end they blasted and painted my original ones. I was told that this could take a bit longer than exchange. The arms came back in good time and had excellent quality joints pressed in. All round great service.

I realise that this is my own experience but thought it was worth adding just because when nothing goes wrong with your order you don't always bother posting about it. For the record: they were really great to deal with. I get the impression (after reading a few of these posts) that they are snowed under with work at the moment and finding it hard to recruit someone with the right machining skills in Cornwall. If I supplied a product that required such a safety-critical level of production I'd be machining the things myself too if I couldn't find someone with a really high level of skill and experience to do it!

Just my 2p worth.

Well said.

I spoke to Alex a couple of weeks ago, and he is trying to keep everyone happy.

Not easy when you are good at what you do and everyone wants you to help them - victim of his own success I think.

I have read both these posts now, and think we should move on.

NickB said:
Well said.

I spoke to Alex a couple of weeks ago, and he is trying to keep everyone happy.

Not easy when you are good at what you do and everyone wants you to help them - victim of his own success I think.

I have read both these posts now, and think we should move on.

Agreed, I've dealt with Alex quite a lot over the last few months and found him to be nothing but helpful, no complaints here. :)

Nick-Rackham said:
Update - Spoke to Scott Wilson by pm and hopefully he will get something sorted Wednesday this week.

Scott, nothing heard or received to date. Can you chase again please? and let me know when I can expect what and by when. Many thanks, Nick

Sounds such a shame reading throught the posts and I remember reading the last post on this too.

Two things I would say are if it is family then that comes first in my book regardless.

But if someone is paying you for a service and you are a buisness then I would be pretty pissed off by now and going to collect them in person.

Buisness, friends, hobbies and family all need to be kept seperate from my previous experience!

I've heard nothing at all from Alex to date! Scott kindly chased him for me last week and I was assured I'd hear something by yesterday, but zip, zilch, nada!!

Managed to speak to Alex today, he's got the rear hubs ready to be drilled, and the stub axles with his tool maker, hopefully will hear something next week! Confirmed he still has all the parts I lent him so should be getting those all back soon!