Not tubbing but 'NOTCHING THE REAR'

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ballbag said:
Anyone got any pics of how they've done it?

I plan to do it this weekend, so any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Someone must be able to help me out with a pic here, I'm gonna get it done tomorrow before Tatton park VWNW on Sunday as it's in the show.

Then I'm off to Cornwall on Monday :lol:

I found this but I think it's a bit extreme.

dscf0173copy.jpg

its over 100 pages

good luck

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers mate, what I never took pics of was where the chassis leg comes up, I ground down the spot welded joints and re welded them too, where the IRS arm would hit. You can just make it out in the bottom pic.

All I did was drill a 64mm hole right through and bought some 64mm pipe and cut it in half, them seam welded it it all round. It will be plenty strong enough.

Also it must have gone lower as the engine hanger hit the path at the end of my drive, so I ground down the spot welded joint on that and re-welded it. Next time my motor is out, I'm gonna cut the hanger right down and weld a piece of flat bar across it.

did a little notching in the past two days and took some pix to add to the growing collection on here of notching pix

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

Amen to that! that is some quality welding fella, hats off to you 8)

just adding this thread to my cp too! :mrgreen:

just had a look through the samba thread a bit...and loving the fact that on the first post it states that.... 'The guys in the UK have some neat stuff'...... WORD!

also cracks me up that some dude called kirk says ballbags bus 'gives me wood and always has' !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thru_a_lupe said:
just adding this thread to my cp too! :mrgreen:

just had a look through the samba thread a bit...and loving the fact that on the first post it states that.... 'The guys in the UK have some neat stuff'...... WORD!

also cracks me up that some dude called kirk says ballbags bus 'gives me wood and always has' !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude, were you in Newquay around the 14th? I'm sure you were driving past The Mermaid as were going in for a drink about 11am on the saturday

Latest posts