Was the site down this morning??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham L

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Hightop Panel
or was it just me but I couldn't get on between 6.30am until now and I appear to have lost email notification again as of yesterday.

Are we all putting a bit too much load onto the server at the moment :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I reckon so as I couldn't get on either, thought it was my server to start with

sorry guys another effing server crash. It could be overload or a hacking attempt im getting the hosts to check it out see if theres anything fishy.

I'm considering moving to vbulletin any opinions would be appreciated?

sparkywig said:
I reckon we're OK as we are. You can see the problems over on JK when they mess the forum about. :)

i wish i could but i dont use their forum :D

i take your point.

The reason was for security and that it makes it easier for admins and mods to manage, with sponsors being able to manage their own ads on approval of course. But if eveyones is happy there no point in changing things untill it becomes absolutely necessary.

I'm happy with it as it is (except not being able to get on here all morning :lol: ), but I don't feel Vbulletin would detract from the website :)

Having said that, I really can't get on with the JK site - it is horrible to use (IMO). Is it Vbulletin based? VZi is a good example of how Vbulletin can work well, but I feel this forum is just as good :)

Just my tuppence worth :)

Johnny said:
sorry guys another effing server crash. It could be overload or a hacking attempt im getting the hosts to check it out see if theres anything fishy.

I have used vbulletin for my site a number of years now and can't praise it enough - the additonal functionality is great (as well as frequent bug/exploit fix releases), reply text in email notification, embedded video, CMPS frontend (though phpBB may also have this?), AJAX chatbox's and greater control over plugins like merchant stuff are all things which I love - haven't setup but have used the car gallery plugin which would be great for this site, along with user appreciation, custom reputation e.t.c. e.t.c.

I do like the clean feel of this site - just miss the enhanced reply stuff and embedded content, not sure if that's enough justification to migrate across, PM if you have any specific queries I could answer on VB

p.s. I was having issues resolving the URL when attempting to connect this morning, the server that hosts this site was reachable but your hosts DNS servers weren't responding to this domain?

NS1.MIKEPERCY.COM 67.228.126.83
NS2.MIKEPERCY.COM 67.228.126.84

Though it looks like the site is also hosted on the main DNS server which might explain why both site and DNS was down!

lard said:
Johnny said:

I have used vbulletin for my site a number of years now and can't praise it enough - the additonal functionality is great (as well as frequent bug/exploit fix releases), reply text in email notification, embedded video, CMPS frontend (though phpBB may also have this?), AJAX chatbox's and greater control over plugins like merchant stuff are all things which I love - haven't setup but have used the car gallery plugin which would be great for this site, along with user appreciation, custom reputation e.t.c. e.t.c.

I do like the clean feel of this site - just miss the enhanced reply stuff and embedded content, not sure if that's enough justification to migrate across, PM if you have any specific queries I could answer on VB

p.s. I was having issues resolving the URL when attempting to connect this morning, the server that hosts this site was reachable but your hosts DNS servers weren't responding to this domain?

NS1.MIKEPERCY.COM 67.228.126.83
NS2.MIKEPERCY.COM 67.228.126.84

Though it looks like the site is also hosted on the main DNS server which might explain why both site and DNS was down!

Those are the reasons i would love to move to vBulletin as theres alot of scope to improve the forum and users experience, and graphically i could do alot more. I feel the if you dont change every now and again people get bored and Phpbb is a pain in the ass to add modules and i would love to have the gallery function as it tidies up the gallery section alot.

This is site hosted on a VDS and there were DNS problems with the host who had to restart the service. Normally they are on the ball but recently i've had to call them up to get things fixed... anyway i may run a parallel test and get the heavy users to test it while not affecting the main site, thats a while away as im way to busy unfortunately.

Latest posts