midlandwheels.com

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiki-Al

Reaction score
Ok i know i put up a post the other day banging on about Raders/Radars and most people told me they were a beeeatch to fit so I did a bit of research and found these guys.

They seem to have some nice rims at reasonable prices i know they are repro but hey "I likes em shiny an new".

Anyone used them? check out the classic repro range.

http://www.midlandwheels.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

these are nice, would fit my bay as it has a white top half. thoughts? not sure if they would fit, i know i have wide 5 but the 205 bit im unsure of :lol: shows how much i know eh!

http://www.midlandwheels.com/Shop/P-887-5.5-x-15-EMPI-5-White---5x205-Mk2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Popcorn-nSoda.gif

(always wanted to post that)

it might be that this forum is considered too polite to enter into heated debate about the merits of that company, and indeed I'VE never bought or used their products so i can't comment, but they DO tend to elicit certain feelings in certain people for various reasons...

maybe pop along to the volkszone forum and do a search for them on there :wink:

then come straight back here, obviously 8)

Midland Wheels make 'affordable' reproduction wheels.

Midland Wheels make 'cheap' wheels and offer service to match.

Either of the above is true, depending on your perspective.

One fairly well established fact is that Midland Wheels 'stole' moulds that were rejected by JGE for theyre Radars, and used them to make theyre own.

I had Midland Wheels (Supplies') Emps 5's on my old van. The wheels were fine, just the service was absolutely dire - thats my experience.

Like the 'c said, have a read/search on VZi, theres plenty been written, but at the end of the day I do appreciate not everyone has the best part of £1k for a set of wheels. :)

Ive got BRMs from Midland Wheels.....I ordered wide pattern for a bus that I was buying....The deal fell through and the bus that I subsequently got needed a different pattern....After a phone call to Midland they agreed to change the wheels even though I had had them for a couple of months...There was no restocking charge so I was well happy with their service....they even sent me a spare set of wheel nuts with their compliments. So I WOULD recommend them :D

887.jpg

Have you been talking to my wife. She said the same thing, she likes the look of these cos the roof is white and it will match.
Saw the same ones at vanfest last year with tyres fitted for about £350, cant remember the name of the company, they were close to the main enterance.

dubman24 said:
these are nice, would fit my bay as it has a white top half. thoughts? not sure if they would fit, i know i have wide 5 but the 205 bit im unsure of :lol: shows how much i know eh!

http://www.midlandwheels.com/Shop/P-887-5.5-x-15-EMPI-5-White---5x205-Mk2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

205 pcd=205mm pitch circle diameter. :wink: . the diamter of the hole centres. midland do offer cost effective wheels. a good bet would be to get yourself to the freeze, then you can compare the quality with what else is on offer.

rustydiver said:
........She said the same thing, she likes the look of these cos the roof is white and it will match.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

cars go brum brum leak oil and smell of petrol.......skirts and shoes match!!!!! :wink:

nice wheels...... :mrgreen:

..........MWS...not a top quality product :shock: ...but not a top quality price :mrgreen: ......from experience the wheels are ok but the lacquer is water soluble..... :?

rustydiver said:
887.jpg

Have you been talking to my wife. She said the same thing, she likes the look of these cos the roof is white and it will match.
Saw the same ones at vanfest last year with tyres fitted for about £350, cant remember the name of the company, they were close to the main enterance.

That was MWS selling mainly seconds (i think!) at Vanfest.

I am not a big fan of MWS due to their lack of morals and certain lack of quality........but

I bout a set of 4.5" polished fuches in 112pcd (small 5, 71>) and they were £450 with quality tyres, locking wheel nuts and chrome nuts, balanced ....delivered to my door. They bolted straight on to his lowered but with no clearance issues and still look amazing a year on.

I bout a set of Moon Eye Speedmasters for £750 delivered with no tyres and nuts etc.....you do the Math...i wouldn't have anything else though....but how long before MWS copy these???????

You generally get what you pay for in life as long as you are savvy...weigh up what you want.

JGE are top quality and at the shows often do deals...speak to Joe if you are serious, if not get some at the VW show in April MWS and JGE will be their to compare quality and will have good offers.

Jon

faux said:
I bout a set of Moon Eye Speedmasters... but how long before MWS copy these???????
well, with the speedmasters ostensibly being a copy in the first place, what would that make a subsequent copy of that copy ?

an original :?

*quantum (wheel) mechanics*

:shock:

faux said:
JGE are top quality and at the shows often do deals...speak to Joe if you are serious, if not get some at the VW show in April MWS and JGE will be their to compare quality and will have good offers.

Jon

Sounds like a plan faux, trouble is i'm inpatient!

So are you saying JGE wheels of the same style are better quality? or is it pot luck in your experience.

Sorry for sounding such a novice. :roll: but hey if it wasnt for early bay i'd be right in the.............

Oh and tbh i'm not that keen on volkszone and the others, i like this one, it's specific to my needs :mrgreen:

dubman , joe gallagher at jge is a top bloke and only sells quality wheels....costs are a bit more but you get what you pay for....and he more often than not does deals at shows, just flash the cash and away ya go....well worth waiting for me thinks :mrgreen:
i bought me bus off him and he could`nt be more helpful if he tried.......

the councillor said:
faux said:
I bout a set of Moon Eye Speedmasters... but how long before MWS copy these???????
well, with the speedmasters ostensibly being a copy in the first place, what would that make a subsequent copy of that copy ?

an original :?

*quantum (wheel) mechanics*

:shock:

Good point well made :lol: :roll:

ooro said:
dubman , joe gallagher at jge is a top bloke and only sells quality wheels....costs are a bit more but you get what you pay for....and he more often than not does deals at shows, just flash the cash and away ya go....well worth waiting for me thinks :mrgreen:
i bought me bus off him and he could`nt be more helpful if he tried.......

Agreed :mrgreen: ^^^

I bought a set of brm's off mws two years ago the rear tyres that came with them didn't fit under the arches (185's) and the nuts are rusting. Do not get me wrong they are ok but you get what you pay for (does anyone want a set of brm's) and if I was doing the same again though knowing what I know I would possibly go elsewhere and spend a bit more.
Faux is right JGE are a lot better quality

Latest posts