Closest RAL to L581 Cloud White?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roobug67

Reaction score
I'm going to get my stock wheels/hubcaps powder coated.

It looks like the closest RAL to L70x grey silver is RAL9001.

However does anyone know the closest RAL to L581 Cloud White?

I looked and couldn’t find anything for this either. One option you could do is have the rims powdercoated all black then paint the front in the correct L581 paint from Wolfsburg West, which Schofields sell. That would be factory correct too. I painted mine myself using the WW can of L581.

RAL9001 is a cream colour? As on my other post, I’ve ordered some powder in from the states, the caps will be getting powdercoated soon so we would be able to try and match them to a colour available in the U.K.

Steve.

Just a reminder to all those that have powder coated wheels. Please make sure that where the lug / bolt / or nut contacts the wheel that you clean off the coating back to bare metal :msn4: . On the reverse of the wheel do the same where it contacts the hub. Just one side is ok though, two sides is better. If you don’t clean it off you’re about ninety per sure that a wheel will fall off. The coating will gradually get worn off with a bit of nut action on it anyway but any that stays in between will gradually soften with a little brake action / heat until they come loose when driving and that’s not on the recommendation list :shock: :lol: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, this has happened to several peeps on here. :mrgreen:

Sorry I meant RAL 7001 for the Hubcaps.

My wheels are with the Powder Coaters now. The Hubcaps are being coated RAL7001 Silver Grey, and the wheel itself a colour that looked closest to my bumpers, I can't remember which RAL it was now, I'll update when I collect them early next week.

Latest posts