Topping-up oil

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moseley

Reaction score
This is really something that shouldn’t bug me... but OCD clearly not helping!

For some years I’ve used one of those refillable jugs with a corrugated spout to fill the engine with oil and for carrying around if top-ups are required. And for some years it has really annoyed me that it weeps oil residue from the cap on the spout, the spout where it screws to the bottle and from the lid on the bottle itself. This always leads to much annoyance when I get an oily mess all over my hands every time I retrieve said bottle from under the buddy seat.

But recently, I noticed that our chosen brand of washing liquid (Ecover) has a two lids, one to seal it, and an inner one which has a handy spout, but also a little gully around it which means the drips of oil that pretty much always occur at the end of the spout simply drain back into the inside of the bottle and don’t end up all over the outside.

I really shouldn’t get this excited over a plastic bottle, but felt that I needed to share my joy in the hope that some other sad person might be equally as impressed...

e7de46abef39c4fdd42e767d5be38fae.jpg

5493e841cae4c792c747c281d5ac3194.jpg

25d99901234d89a9fd74fc32f435779e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This might be a good thing but whatever you do, just make sure that you don’t mix them up. 15:40 on your boxers might be a tiny bit slippery :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Notto mention Mrs Ms smalls :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
This might be a good thing but whatever you do, just make sure that you don’t mix them up. 15:40 on your boxers might be a tiny bit slippery :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Notto mention Mrs Ms smalls :mrgreen:
That might explain the lack of recent pants chafing, and the detergent bubbles coming out of my dipstick [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
I have one of the bottles like yours with the corrugated detachable spout. It leaked so sealed the spout on with silicone and use a small bit of cling film on spout Cap and lid which gives a good seal. No leaks now

I uses a gearbox oil bottle similar to Mr Wigs, and it’s got a screw cap on the end of the spout. As we all gets older, we might want one of them fitted too :shock: :lol: :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, senor dripsabit :mrgreen:

magoo said:
thejinx said:
500ml volvic bottle pierce a hole in the top. No drips fits in nice.

Is this your wee bottle for during the night? :D

He said 500ml ?? Not five litres. For yellow snow, you just don’t want to to stop halfway through a midnight special, is that even possible???

Ozziedog,,,,, mines a gallon one :mrgreen:

Latest posts