New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I have a 1970 early bay T2 dormobile. Acquired this year & due to lock down have been unable to camp anywhere except outside the house.... It's in reasonable nick but like all of them could do with a little TLC here & there. Perfectly usable though & looking forward to going somewhere in it....one day...

Hello Early Bay,

Have been browsing the site for several years, so thought I'd better finally say 'Hi'. Proud owner of a '71 Westy in pastel white. Bus was imported from Texas in 2006 and have been tinkering ever since. Have hopefully attached some photo's.

Plans ahead include fitting a 2110cc engine I've had in the garage for many years.

Look forward to many more years of browsing and tinkering.

Lee

Glad you’ve stepped up at last :lol: And nice to virtually meet you! That’s a cracking looking camper. I’ve done similar in that I bought a 2L and 6rib and shoved them under the bench a few years ago but nowhere near 15 years :lol: . I’ve sold the box on last year and I just give that motor a bit of a good and hard stare at every so often but that’s just about it. I came to the conclusion last year that I really enjoy driving mine and if I go 25% faster then that’s 25% less time I’ll be driving my bus :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, there is my beasty :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I came to the conclusion last year that I really enjoy driving mine and if I go 25% faster then that’s 25% less time I’ll be driving my bus :shock:

LOL - Thats a good point ozziedog!! I agree, so will lay off the loud pedal saving it for up-hill only. ;)

2110 was due to go in an old project that never finalised due to growing family. :roll:

Lee

Yeah,, things change constantly and I have fantastic ideas that sometimes never see the light of day :mrgreen: :p :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,, just about everything is changing at the moment :mrgreen:

Hi all,

First a confession - I actually joined Latebay first, because that was what I was going to buy (my head told me it was more practical lol), until my wife and I saw this '71 Dormobile, and we just had to have it:

Some of you may recognise it, it used to be Krim's (on this forum and he took this photo) and I bought it off him yesterday.

I was worried about driving something that's this old on highways and motorways but it hasn't missed a beat (credit to Krim) and I just love driving it. I think insuring it for 3000 miles annually was a mistake :p

Anyone want to buy my 2016 Skoda Superb Estate? :lol:

fallingoffalot said:
Nice! I do like the stance, I bet you don't scrape any speed bumps!
There are speed bumps all up and down my road, so can confirm - don't even feel them :D

Latest posts