What’s your favourite VW show?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It used to be Vanfest (The original one) but these days I don't tend to go to many. I still try and do Stonor park and Stanford Hall. I actually think there are too many now.

I only do one now and it's always been my favourite and that's vw action. I do love the European bug in too

Ninove and Viva Skeg Vegas are the only musts on my show calendar.

Use to love Busfest but its gone rubbish "same old same old" the food stalls are a rip off "all owned by the same guy" same bands for the last 5 years at the sheepshed and the ones in the main marque have been s**t, not as many trade stands with a lot of stalls selling tat
The guy who runs it is just after your money and not bothered one jot about the VW scene
I may have opened a can of worms but its just my opinion (but probably many more)

May try Skeg Vegas this year heard some good reports (If anyone has any comments about it would be good to know)

Almost since the first time I went I guess, the Dubs At The Castle show in Caldicot castle has been my favourite. Early bays have their own little area too and usually a toilet or two just for us which makes a massive difference to “Air Quality “ This is the bit that makes it so nice. Most of us display in the Castle grounds on the Saturday which pushes the Aircooled presence as well. Lots of entertainment for all throughout the day from a talking dragon chattering to the kiddies to a bike show for all sorts of bikes. Loads of sweets for sale and usually a fruit stall and quite a few food vendors. Loads of greasy bits but the air cooled stuff is mostly giving way to the T4s and upwards which is inevitable I guess. Great chilled vibe and lots of exploring for the dogs. Downside is you gotta get your tickets early before they sell out which is usually by about March.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, nice and close to me too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Don't do many these days, but we always try to get to Cornwall VWOC Jamboree every year. Pretty good show, good music etc, but we always club camp and that is what makes it for us really. Good mates to have a laugh with.

Whatever happens to Run To The Sun? I always remember as a kid in the late 80s/early 90s seeing dozens and dozens of Aircooled heading south to Cornwall. Occasionally we’d be going the same way, but usually they’d be heading south as we headed north home. I do remember large groups of aircooled in the services at Exeter, and Gordano.

Only been to a couple of shows myself, but I liked Stanford Hall, purely as an aircooled spectator, because after a couple of years searching and the arrival of a baby boy, immediate priorities change. I still live in hope though.

V5SportNB said:
Whatever happens to Run To The Sun?

It kind of fizzled out, and was last held a few years back. Its now an ex-show.

Lots of people blamed the rise in hot-hatch/max power attendance on its demise, but it had always been a custom car show that was hijacked by VW owners. RTTS was the event that got me into it all originally and provided my 'grounding' in the scene. Back when there were only a few shows a year and you knew it would be on because you'd seen an advert for it in a magazine you bought a month ago :lol:

Although I’ve not been for years, I loved the Stanford hall show. Great mix of vehicles to see in a beautiful setting! :)

That said, I’m loving the once every 4 year idea of Hessisch and Ben Pon etc. as it makes the event seem more special, something you can really build up and look forward to. That plus some incredible things to see!

https://www.vdubxs.com/hessisch-oldendorf/

Always loved ‘Final Fling’ down in Woolacombe, then again just something very special about the area!

starsailor said:
Always loved ‘Final Fling’ down in Woolacombe, then again just something very special about the area!

That’s another one that’s gone I’m pretty sure. Big shame too, nice one to round off the year.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,Last one was very good too :mrgreen:

This year, it may not be about favourites but more about are there any open? Might be worth opening a thread about this over in the Events section. I have a bit of a feeling that most may be postponed this year which is a massive shame when you hear about all the work that goes into organising one.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,come on summer! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
This year, it may not be about favourites but more about are there any open? Might be worth opening a thread about this over in the Events section. I have a bit of a feeling that most may be postponed this year which is a massive shame when you hear about all the work that goes into organising one.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,come on summer! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yes, I wouldn't expect to be seeing any major events before May, we'll just have to wait and see how things go.

With some better weather though, I can see having a bus to get out and about in being a godsend however - assuming we don't go full lockdown.

Im with ozzie - datc - always a great family show and the vip earlybay camping put on by Dave and the crew is just great 😎

Latest posts