New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fallingoffalot said:
Looking forward to picking up my '69 bay tomorrow. (Always wanted an early bay ever since I owned a 78 bay 25 years ago).

I'll post some pick when I get it.

The bodywork is sound and the engine is new. I plan to rearrange the units inside and replace the 3/4 rear seat with a full width one so I can get 3 in the back. I'm guessing this is just a case of buying the R&R bed then getting the cushions made? Any suggestions for the best place to look for this?

Hiya, hope the pickup went ok, it’s all a bit exciting innit :mrgreen: .My bed is a Rusty Lee, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it as would hundreds of others, good solid and works great. I’m pretty sure he’ll sort some foams for you if you ask and point you in the right direction for trimmers for the covers. I used Delilah’s and they was very good. I opted for fabric covers with vinyl edges because I don’t like sleeping on vinyl, it’s just too unforgiving in the night. I wouldn’t go too crazy in the back until you’ve been to a few shows and pinched a few ideas. A lot of peeps now don’t install a cooker which frees up a fair bit of space in the van too, I use a portable cooker as they cook better and I mostly cook outside but can cook in the van if needs must (morning cofee) and-its not tooooo smelly :lol: I know a few that have installed a super duper cooker but have never used it too :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,and bigso welcome to you as well :mrgreen:

Welcome. As Ozzie says. Rusty Lee beds. Awesome and very easy to fit. I have a full length one, I do have a little cupboard with a smev cooker in the van but just use it for brews and boiled eggs. The van would stink otherwise. I have a little cooker for frying on a table outside the van. Get some pics up let’s see the new van.

Thanks for the advice, the previous owner didn't install a cooker in the van - I assume for the smell reason - also it's a tin-top so a bit of a pain to 'stand' at a cooker!
It has the Red 9 EZ Rider kit installed and the first job I need to do is adjust the damping/ride so that my spine stops coming out the top of my head when I go over a bump! I assume this is fairly simple on the Spax coil-overs, but a bit of guidance would be useful - anyone know exactly how to do this or point me the direction of a manual online somewhere? Anyway here's some pics.

Done the adjustment - it was easy. There's a screw on the base of the shock, I just turned it to it's softest setting - all the way anti-clockwise - it was about 8 clicks.

I also raised the ride height by about 15mm, this was easy once I'd got the front up on axle stands.

Oil change next :)

Hi all from sunny Worcestershire ! Been on here before but must of been pulled due to inactivity !! 😔
Got a YELLOW 69 RHD Bay window. Dormobile conversion I bought over 15 years ago !! - but this year is the year it's going to get running..... Promise.
Done so far.....
All underneath blasted, new tin, painted.
Top metal work done and fresh paint
Dorms top completely refurbed - including hinge support fibreglassed in 😤
New dorm canvas fitted
Lowered using Red9 Design kit.
All new seals
Glass refitted
Petrol tank cleaned, sealed (POR 15), painted

Just in the middle of fitting complete new loom 😳

Still to do.....
Finish loom
All new cables
Brakes
Seat runners
Gearbox in
Engine in
Interior in
Headliner in .......🤔

That's it for now ...... joined again so I can ask lots of stupid questions. 🤓
SteveG

Hi Steve G, in real life I’m Steve W :mrgreen: . So welcome back and knuckle down as you’re almost there. Sounds like you have your mojo back with the bus. That’s the same yellow I was looking at for mine at one time :shock: . Be nice to see you at the three counties in a couple of months time :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Welcome back again and ask away :mrgreen:

YellowBay69 said:
Hi all from sunny Worcestershire ! Been on here before but must of been pulled due to inactivity !! 😔
Got a YELLOW 69 RHD Bay window. Dormobile conversion I bought over 15 years ago !! - but this year is the year it's going to get running..... Promise.
Done so far.....
New dorm canvas fitted
All new seals
Glass refitted

Still to do.....
Finish loom
All new cables
Brakes
Seat runners
Gearbox in
Engine in
Interior in
Headliner in .......🤔

SteveG

Hi Steve, I'll be interested to know how you find the ride with your Red9 kit. Looking forward to the updates!

Just wanted to say Hi,
Collect our Early Bay next friday.
Any other members in Suffolk or Norfolk?

ozziedog said:
Hi Steve G, in real life I’m Steve W :mrgreen: . So welcome back and knuckle down as you’re almost there. Sounds like you have your mojo back with the bus. That’s the same yellow I was looking at for mine at one time :shock: . Be nice to see you at the three counties in a couple of months time :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, Welcome back again and ask away :mrgreen:
Thanks for the welcome.
Will definitely be at three counties if she's done. 👍

fallingoffalot said:
YellowBay69 said:
Done so far.....
New dorm canvas fitted
All new seals
Glass refitted

Still to do.....
Finish loom
All new cables
Brakes
Seat runners
Gearbox in
Engine in
Interior in
Headliner in .......🤔

SteveG

Hi Steve, I'll be interested to know how you find the ride with your Red9 kit. Looking forward to the updates!
Will let you know by end July .... Hopefully 👍

Thought I should say Hi as we (my wife) have recently bought a '72 bay - not sure if that is considered early? Had it for just over a month and have had the odd night away in it so far, looking forward to many more.

Sounds good to me, let’s hope we get a little less rain now and a tad more sunshine. Yes 72 is a cross over and still an Early Bay. Your bus looks great and you look like you’re close to where we had the Early Bay camp outs just outside of Banbury.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, and welcome welcome and welcome :mrgreen:

Thanks - we are pleased with it although there are plenty of things we want to improve / sort.
The photo was taken Pevensey Castle East Sussex - our first night away in it.

Just wanted to say hi,

I have recently purchased a 72 dormoble.

Not used it for camping yet, have been busy tinkering and fitting a new stereo and speakers (first things first!)

Alexis
6e2717adf6f802966b8d10fa5d50b677.jpg

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Well then Alexis, that is a fine looking Dormy and I’ll bet you can’t wait to get camping in this one. I’ll maybe see you in a field somewhere sometime. Next one on my calendar is the Caldicot one called Dubs At The Castle,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, nice to see you, and welcome :mrgreen:

Latest posts