Panels recovering please in coffee sacks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splitstop63

Reaction score
Any one around Birmingham or the Black Country
Recover my panels in coffee sacks I’ve had a go they look like 3 year old try do it!!!
I’m f###### useless
Paid of corse Ile bye one of the panel kits off eBay as well so you have all brand new templates to work with the the back panels I want done not the cab doors kind regards and thanks in advance Nick
And how would I fit trying to screw them with the sacks on just eats the sack around the drill 😥😥😥

The panels should have holes in about a half inch round, and you can attach special fixing clips into these holes, then these clips will go into the holes already in the door. If I were trying to fix through the sacks and panels , I guess I’d mark where I wanted the holes on the back of the panel and I’d drill through from the back but with a section of an old biro cut down to fit over the drill so the drill bit would only droll the panels and not go through and catch the fabric. Or fix the panel with sellotape on all four corners to keep it in position and then nail through the panel in the required places until you hear the nail punching the metal, then take the sellotaping off and the panel, drill the required holes in the metal then refit the panel with screws into the new holes. I’d also make sure the screws have cups on them like small proper fitting washers and you can get these in chrome or brass effect. On reflection, I think s combo of both ideas, drill nearly all the way through from behind, then pop the nail through from behind m then fix the panel awith sellotape and use the nail again from the front to mark out the positions on the metal and a t as a centre punch for your drill. That might be a bit kinder to the panels too :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,, relax, just ask :mrgreen:

Another method would be using contact adhesive, attaching the material in one corner, then stretching to the next? :party0021: :character0036:

cunning plan said:
Another method would be using contact adhesive, attaching the material in one corner, then stretching to the next? :party0021: :character0036:

Taking this a step further, if you saturated the sack material in a glue mix, then covered the panel, could you not acheive a hardened/glazed/protected finish effect? That would look cool maybe?

Latest posts