1st early bay for me

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed engine lid today to do pin replacement what a night mare them seized hinges am but want to save the rat 🐀 look rather then replace

following :party0051: waiting for coffee sack update just found some were local for them :party0049: + cheap 🤗 so hoping to pick a few pointers up :rofl:

Westy 57 I got 12 for about £20 I think off eBay the guy was super helpful advised me on the tighter weave for aplustery Whitch I bought they look grate off to sort engine Wednesday 2.0 Porsche been converted to carbs guy said it was fuel injection??? If that’s the case I’d fuel inject again & sell the carbs

paid £1 each for mine
picked 1 with Germany on + rest cos they've got different colours going for some more next week but when i got them home 🤔 had sussed about tight weave 👍
Good luck with engine 😁

God bless you Sir don’t forget to show me yours Sir love to see them in different colours 🙏🏻

Engine lid rubber arrived as old one disintegrated when replacing hinge pins on engine lid cover

Westi57 said:
good luck hope it's better fit than mine had to cut it 😣

😢😢😢. There was 2 types so they said I chose the better Quality one £30 odd quid not fitted it yet
Did you remove engine lid to fit it??? Kind regards and thanks in advance Nick

Brand new recon 1.6 twin port never fitted from a Dub importor
Bought it for him self but sold the bus so surplus to his requirements £450 happy days

🤔 no I didn't remove lid and tried warming up + stretching 😠but had to cut it in end 😣
my seal came in a big box of spares when I purchased van :party0048:

Westi57 said:
🤔 no I didn't remove lid and tyres warming up + stretching 😠but had to cut it in end 😣
mine seal came in a big box of spares when I purchased van :party0048:

God bless you young Sir thank you 👌

Going to try one of them birch head linings look easy enough to fit???? Any tips advice please appreciated both interior lights are missing I’ve bought one are they the same??? Or different cheers 🍻

Originally I’m guessing they’d both be the same. I’ve opted for two four inch round ones and led powered so they are so much brighter and use so much less battery which is part of the aim if you’re doing any camping.ive insulatedmy front ceiling and pop top ceiling with one inch of celotex and this helps quiet things down a fair old bit too. Then I’ve got a 3mm plastic foamex ceiling over each, glued and into the rails on the edges too. For the edge rails , I’ve used tiling edgeing strips and mine are chromed effect but you can get a miriad of choices from Senor B£Q to choose from, either put up with self tappers or pop rivets. My full length pop top has a tropical sun rise printed on it and my cab ceiling has a picture of an original ceiling with a superimposed sun roof with yet more palm trees to give a nice effect

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,But wood is nice too :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
Originally I’m guessing they’d both be the same. I’ve opted for two four inch round ones and led powered so they are so much brighter and use so much less battery which is part of the aim if you’re doing any camping.ive insulatedmy front ceiling and pop top ceiling with one inch of celotex and this helps quiet things down a fair old bit too. Then I’ve got a 3mm plastic foamex ceiling over each, glued and into the rails on the edges too. For the edge rails , I’ve used tiling edgeing strips and mine are chromed effect but you can get a miriad of choices from Senor B£Q to choose from, either put up with self tappers or pop rivets. My full length pop top has a tropical sun rise printed on it and my cab ceiling has a picture of an original ceiling with a superimposed sun roof with yet more palm trees to give a nice effect

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,But wood is nice too :mrgreen:

Wow!!! That’s lovely Sir I ain’t that talented or skilled tbh I’m useless if I’m truthful I’m jealous & envoys of the tallent I see around here I’m a good fundraiser not too bad & wicked show host but lack any hands on skills what so ever 😢