Where we all gone?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similar happened on the pre67vw forum but I’m sure that has recently been resurrected

thejinx said:
Didn’t the Just Kampers forum go the same way?

I was an administrator on the JK Forum, it was there one day and not the next.
We didn't get any warning of the closure, which was a real shame as I couldn't save any of the technical data that had been collected over the years.
Even now I can't get any answers as to why it was shut down.

thejinx said:
There was some excellent tech on Jk forum. It’s a shame that has been lost. That’s years of experience removed from use.

That is the big problem,lost know how.

still here, house move and no internet, just driving and crying everytime i see a gritter on the road, and getting a free sauna everytime i drive throw flood water

Not moved out of the garage since November, started the old girl up once a week to keep the oil flowing, few jobs to do before the spring, new front screen to put in, belt-line trim to fit, get the radio working, sort the roof lining, maybe have a go at the power steering
First show will be Stanford Hall and then the week after early bay campout
see you there Ozzy

vinvan said:
Not moved out of the garage since November, started the old girl up once a week to keep the oil flowing, few jobs to do before the spring, new front screen to put in, belt-line trim to fit, get the radio working, sort the roof lining, maybe have a go at the power steering
First show will be Stanford Hall and then the week after early bay campout
see you there Ozzy

Can’t wait. I’ve just ripped my screen out and I’m about to get nasty with them rust termites. It’s been on the list too long. Im then going laminated and a late bay screen rubber as it’s about an eighth or even a quarter bigger than the Early one. When I’m just about ready to paint, I reckon I’m gonna drill some 1/8th holes about every six inches in that corner where the water hangs about then tidy them up possibly about six or eight of them, just so if anything does get in there, it’ll have a chance to escape instead of lurking there and making a nuisance of itself. Possibly re seal the new rubber with some warm wax oil of some description and put it on the list of summer maintenance jobbies. It should be one or two drops getting through once in a blue moon so doubt it’ll cause any issues.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,I’ll keep yous posted :mrgreen:

Well I’m back since my bus is nearly finished. Being here not really having a bus was too much to bear. Just a few odds and sods left to do and to say i’m A little excited is an understatement.

Cover off camper today to finish off fixing the electric gremlins that have meant it hasn’t been used since October. Just about there but still can’t figure out why it is making the 12v circuit live on the main battery when on hookup, even with the isolation switch disengaged. It didn’t do that before so more work to do.
Typical that it then decides to blow a gale so I couldn’t put the cover back on and promptly chucks it down. Hoping for a ride out tomorrow if the sun decides to come out 👍

TheHewsonFamily said:
Cover off camper today to finish off fixing the electric gremlins that have meant it hasn’t been used since October. Just about there but still can’t figure out why it is making the 12v circuit live on the main battery when on hookup, even with the isolation switch disengaged. It didn’t do that before so more work to do.
Typical that it then decides to blow a gale so I couldn’t put the cover back on and promptly chucks it down. Hoping for a ride out tomorrow if the sun decides to come out 👍

Your wish is granted, here, have some sunshine sent special delivery by early bay today. Possibly the battery charger is stuck on ?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, lecker tricx,,, spawn of the devils :mrgreen:

Thanks Ozzie. Managed a trip out today with the family until the hailstones and gale-force winds sent us packing.

With it being quite on here I thought you'd all cleared off to that face book thingy shite 😅

montypsx said:
With it being quite on here I thought you'd all cleared off to that face book thingy shite 😅

Well, that had crossed my mind but I gotta say there’s still a little life left in this yet. I’ve just come back from my garage after finally getting up close and personal with them there rust termites under my windy screen. Not as bad as I’d thought it was gonna be but now I’m in the doldrums with can I fix that hole with just some weld. There are a lot of tiny rust patches but with a punch they go through easily enough. Now I’m a bit worried because I didn’t take the dash out and I’ll go down and check for burning about twenty times before I go to bed.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, dash out tomorrow I reckon :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

cotswoldiver said:
And some of us still drop in from time to time to read the odd post and reminisce about the years I had a nice early bay .....

David

Well , you know from experience that if I’ve posted something then there’s a very very good chance it’ll contain something odd :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, good to hear from you bud. :mrgreen: