Where shall I park this then guys

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many new cars now have modes. Sports mode cruise etc. I wonder if this will have nostalgia mode. Turn it on and it will
Not start until you bang the steering wheel and swear
Drip oil (from specially designed environmentally friendly oil dispenser)
Stop running at the worst moment. At the lights on ramp to motorway etc

Feel free to add

I’m looking at these and can see the biggest issue as being the waiting around for them to charge when you’re trying a long journey. Maybe if we can look slightly outside the envelope and not recharge the batteries but dump and change them at at a fuel station with recharged ones. You shouldn’t have to loose the whole battery stock but have an elecky supply made up of multiple fuel cells / batteries and you just change as many as you need or want, a bit like you don’t have to fill up every time you go for petrol. Sort of like cylinders of batteries a bit like bullets in a hand gun, thinking Colt 45 type of thing.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,thinking out loud again :mrgreen:

:D That sounds like a business plan for the future. Patent that before shell etc steal it. You could make your relies of the far future very rich.

ozziedog said:
I’m looking at these and can see the biggest issue as being the waiting around for them to charge when you’re trying a long journey. Maybe if we can look slightly outside the envelope and not recharge the batteries but dump and change them at at a fuel station with recharged ones. You shouldn’t have to loose the whole battery stock but have an elecky supply made up of multiple fuel cells / batteries and you just change as many as you need or want, a bit like you don’t have to fill up every time you go for petrol. Sort of like cylinders of batteries a bit like bullets in a hand gun, thinking Colt 45 type of thing.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,thinking out loud again :mrgreen:

That idea has been tabled for quite a while, and to be honest I can't think of a better one. It makes the most sense, especially if they standardize on cell dimensions and connections.

Perhaps we should have a sticky on the forum for members who are gonna skip the scooby conversion and go straight to electric (or even hydrogen cell :shock: ). I know this has and can be done.

thejinx said:
Many new cars now have modes. Sports mode cruise etc. I wonder if this will have nostalgia mode. Turn it on and it will
Not start until you bang the steering wheel and swear
Drip oil (from specially designed environmentally friendly oil dispenser)
Stop running at the worst moment. At the lights on ramp to motorway etc

Feel free to add

Turn on the windscreen wipers to have at least 3 fuses blow , push the brake pedal and it goes to the floor
first time just to scare you. :lol: :lol:

My partner has an i3 at the moment and it's really nice to drive. The range is a bit limiting and waiting to charge even on a rapid charger can be a bit of a pain. BUT if they could improve the range and infrastructure then it would be better. It's very very nippy.

We watched this on fully charged a while ago, it's the same (ish) colour as Fanny! We did enquire about getting fanny converted and were astounded at how expensive it was but hopefully the costs will start to decrease when elec becomes the norm. Although I would miss the sweet sound of fannys engine when she's ticking over happily and the satisfying roar of my alfa in dynamic mode.

That battery swap out idea is a good one! Like changing your calor gas bottles!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lisavx said:
My partner has an i3 at the moment and it's really nice to drive. The range is a bit limiting and waiting to charge even on a rapid charger can be a bit of a pain. BUT if they could improve the range and infrastructure then it would be better. It's very very nippy.

We watched this on fully charged a while ago, it's the same (ish) colour as Fanny! We did enquire about getting fanny converted and were astounded at how expensive it was but hopefully the costs will start to decrease when elec becomes the norm. Although I would miss the sweet sound of fannys engine when she's ticking over happily and the satisfying roar of my alfa in dynamic mode.

That battery swap out idea is a good one! Like changing your calor gas bottles!

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I like that analogy even bettererer :mrgreen:

Swappable batteries are a great idea- but we've kinda missed the boat on that one, as soon as a second design of battery was introduced...

Happystamps said:
Swappable batteries are a great idea- but we've kinda missed the boat on that one, as soon as a second design of battery was introduced...
The same issue applies with the different charger connections. And the myriad of charging companies that need different rfid cards or subscriptions. Hopefully most of them will go the way of betamax and one standard will emerge [emoji849] Instavolt are winning for us at the moment with their straightforward contactless payment set up.

Latest posts