Anyone got a CSP python on a low bus ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a csp python for my panel but I'm worried about ground clearance.
Any pics or info please on this

They aren’t suitable for a low bus, I offered 1 up and it was too close to the road for my liking. And in the grand scheme of things my bus isn’t that low.

Not suitable for most people’s wallet either!! Make vintage speed look cheap.

I got a vintage speed super flow tuck system, I think it could almost sit on the rails until it becomes an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Austin said:
Not suitable for most people’s wallet either!! Make vintage speed look cheap.

I got a vintage speed super flow tuck system, I think it could almost sit on the rails until it becomes an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not cheap and not for a spammer bus but from a performance point the CSP blows the vintage speed out of the water

Take a look a Turbo Thomas similar sort of money, he can build you a system and have it set higher so it has better ground clearance plus build it to your engine requirements.

Not had mine built yet but spoke a lengths to him and most definitely a good way to go if you’re going down the performance route ;)

holeydub said:
Take a look a Turbo Thomas similar sort of money, he can build you a system and have it set higher so it has better ground clearance plus build it to your engine requirements.

Not had mine built yet but spoke a lengths to him and most definitely a good way to go if you’re going down the performance route ;)

The TT hasn't massive clearance on a low bus even when modified. Brilliant exhaust though.

From what little info was out there the csp python would have been dragging on the floor compared to your TT one...

Fantastic exhaust but not for low buses. I've got a 2276 in mine, and it was the best exhaust, but it dragged like hell. The issue is the rear box. It doesn't tuck up at all.

I had the back raised up (from silly low) and it was still a nightmare. I was forced to act when I left part of the exhaust on the pavement in Bruges...

The solution was a new rear box by Vintage Volks Haus - which is a piece of art (and sounds better)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvKQzrQhGWm/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I've just made this using an A1 side winder manifold and made the rest. Loads of ground clearance, can still have my tow bar and sounds far better than before. Can also get to the valve covers without hassle and can fit the mudflaps I've been wanting to fit as there isn't anything in the way.

The Python is a lovely system but can't beat an old school 4 into 1 merged header and turbo muffler 8) That said as I install a lot of performance engines, mostly into early bays and the lack of suitable systems pisses me off. Vintage speed are over priced and restrictive shit, Pythons aren't suitable for low buses and not everyone likes the above system I have on my bus although it does provide ok clearance and good power. I've contacted CSP and explained the situation regarding 68-71 buses and they've said sorting systems for early bays is actually next on their list.

So hopefully a decent all round system will emerge soon :msn4:

Yes getting a tuckaway system from Mike made although I’ve had to delay it as he needs a certain measurement that until my new motor is built up to longblock stage I can’t give but it’s in the mix so to speak . Thanks for all your input guys .
Have a great season 🤙

Latest posts