New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, it looks like we might be asking you for some tips. Your fleet looks in pristine condition and it took me a while to realise the first one was a real bud. It wasn’t until I saw you in there and then the scale of 1:1 .

Ozziedog,,,, ,,made me laugh , so big big welcome to you ! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome . The first picture is taken at the meeting beautiful Budel last year. Its a giant box where you can put your car in and take pictures.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Hi all. New on here. Looking for a T2 to buy. Seen a few. Is it an issue if a van isn’t the colour the DVLA say it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dashmobile said:
Hi all. New on here. Looking for a T2 to buy. Seen a few. Is it an issue if a van isn’t the colour the DVLA say it is?

Not really because vans are being painted every day of the week. If however it looks like the original paintand it is different then I’d be very wary.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, lots of ringers out there, so be careful :mrgreen:

Helloooo

Anyone knowledgeable free this morning to look at a camper with me? I know absolutely nowt about them other than where to put the bunting. It’s in Pontypridd. She’s purple (?) & is an 06 Danbury conversion. £18k
66940e28dae8b3d4d4ebfd7b990460b0.png

Hello everyone,

I purchased my first VW bus yesterday, he is a 1970 Westy I found in Elberta, AL.
The previous owner purchased the bus about 15 years ago in northern Alabama, the bus was originally in Chicago.
It's pretty complete, and the body is in good shape. Runs and drives.

Great to join the site.

mQH8xie.jpg

1zRaqDC.jpg

Hiya usssks, welcome along. That looks like a very decent find indeed and does look to stack up to be a 1970. I think you may have a bit of a gem there :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, and welcome again :mrgreen:

b51c6e221a47b9c46c21804f6e05c961.jpg
Hi, just joined the site tonight. Owned this 1970 panel van for the last year and only got her back after some considerable welding work in August. Off to be painted in the next few weeks

Hi, I've been lurking on here for a few weeks as I need to get my truck lowered.
I've got a velvet green 68 Doublecab and still not worked out the best way yet. lol

Welcome to the forum!

Depends on how low you want to go. We have done a mild drop with beam adjusters and adjustable spring plates. Ride is fine.

There is loads on this subject if you use the search.

Fuchs Lee said:
Hi, I've been lurking on here for a few weeks as I need to get my truck lowered.
I've got a velvet green 68 Doublecab and still not worked out the best way yet. lol

Hiya, there’s no right and no wrong to any of the lowering techniques, rule of thumb is less than 2” lowering is fairly plain sailing, then after that you got to start chucking £££s at it as you gets lower and lower. Ring Graham at Midland Earlybay, he’ll give you a good idea of what’s do-able while still keeping a decent ride quality.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, welcome ,,, and where s the pictures then? :mrgreen:

Hello all
Just found Early Bay Forum and love it we have got a 69 and she is a dream I’ve always wanted one so happy dayz

Half Moon Bay said:
Hello all
Just found Early Bay Forum and love it we have got a 69 and she is a dream I’ve always wanted one so happy dayz

Perfect, so welcome along. Maybe a picture possibly???

Ozziedog,,,,,,, we does like them piccies :mrgreen:

hi ive just joined after adding another vw to the household this time its a 1975 microbus that were going to restore ill add some photos soon

:? Interesting name indeedy . Go on then give us a clue :?
Pictures coming, you’re such a tease :lol: Pictures would be great, and pictures of the whole fleet would be grand. So welcome welcome and welcome.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, we loves pictures :mrgreen:

Hi, thought it was time I joined here as I’ve bought a 68 singlecab from S A
a4a61b4479f813dae5a32ffca6d4b74b.jpg

Some on here will know me as Flakey over on Thelatebay, I’m now working on these things full time for myself to sell on and also do work for other people.

The early pickup is a keeper though, it’s to replace the late
10c38e70b0e0e4ea19b48541b538bf54.jpg
, which will be on sale at Dubfreeze.
The Yellow one
0c220880c30b5b52fd1f02394d216fbf.jpg
is going to take me, my wife and the dog round Europe for a month this summer ! Honestly, it’s nearly finished [emoji23].
Next project will be this
89eb276a69571a858c4cd55dae5d4490.jpg
which I happened across when I went to buy some cheap alloys! At least my son has decided to put a half share into it as his first car.

Latest posts