Anyone know who has the lock wafers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinvan

Reaction score
Hi Yall
Want to change my door locks to work off one key, there are some lock wafers doing the rounds does any one know who has them at the moment.

Many Thanks
Vinvan

rpp123456, was posted by me to this chap last , after that no idea.
However a good place to start me thinks.

J & P

I have NOS wafers (3 different types) and the tiny wafer springs available.
1597620.jpg

Thanks gas1man & vwed
To gas1man, Have sent a PM to "rpp123456" asking about the wafers
To vwed, How many wafers do you have? I am doing 5 locks so think i am going to need quite a few, it's a bit trial and error so no idea how many i will need

Have you read this? http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=312340&highlight=tumblers
Also I have just uploaded 2 pages onto thesamba taken from one of VW's own workshop manuals:
1598037.jpg

1598036.jpg

Note that there are strictly speaking 4 different wafers but only three are used in everything apart from the ignition. That is why wafers appear to be missing - see the photo of key/cylinder above #4 is missing. By the way I have the "confidential" manual with all the tumbler codes for L profile keys.
To answer your question I have lots of all 3 types and the springs. However I am going to have to charge for them as the repair kit 211 898 041 A (that I pictured in my earlier post) cost me a small fortune in the first instance. £1 per wafer/spring plus £1 postage, any amount, PayPal as a gift please.

Hi vwed
Many thanks for the info very helpfull,i have one or two old barrels knocking about so i will try a few wafers from those, if i do need any new ones i will contact you

Thanks Again
Vinvan

Also remember that sometime they just don't quite work and this was been with NOS in NOS locks so you might try 3 of the same size and 1 works, I usually put this down to the way a key has been cut (key was also NOS)

For used parts, same follows

Looking to buy some wafers & springs. PM'd vwed a while ago but didn't hear anything back (message still in my outbox). Need 5 of each (15 total) plus springs. Anyone have any? I can PayPal right away.

Hi guys,
For those that don’t know, Ed (VWED) passed away earlier this year and will be missed by all on here, not just for his collection of parts or even for his insurmountable knowledge, but mainly for his willingness to help anybody and everybody. A truly wonderful wonderful man that always had a smile for you and your VW. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,bye Ed :mrgreen:

Really sorry to hear about Ed - he helped me a lot during my restoration.

Sorry to hear about Ed. Sounds like a great guy who will be deeply missed.

Latest posts