Ply Lining Kits

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

single boy

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations of suppliers of ply ling kits
I m proposing leaving the ply as the finish and not covering so I guese they will be screwed on.
Is it worth the extra for a different finish, i.e. Birch ?

Thks. Delilah. I tried Darren a week ago and same day he gave me a price and said he would set up an E Bay link for purchase. Did not happen ?and after me chasing him up 3 times to no avail I m looking elsewhere as I can t deal with somebody who does t at least communicate. Shame because I was interested in SkyTag which he also sells and I was hoping he would be able to cut out some 18mm board to make a seat.

single boy said:
Looking for recommendations of suppliers of ply ling kits
I m proposing leaving the ply as the finish and not covering so I guese they will be screwed on.
Is it worth the extra for a different finish, i.e. Birch ?
We got ours from https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/customshopdesigns

Really pleased with them. We went for the birch as we wanted to leave it all wood as per the original westfalia. They were very accommodating and customer service was excellent. One of ours was scuffed at the edge and they offered immediate replacement. We didn't need it in the end as we had to do some trimming to get them to fit but i expect most do [emoji1303]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Here's ours 'in situ'. The ply is slightly thicker than the original stuff so I couldn't get the clips to hold it on the sliding door. We bought these coach bolts and I soaked them in vinegar as I didn't like the shiny finish. We definitely feel getting the birch finish was worth it.
01f5d90d96983006a2c30ff474313f1a.jpg
332e289f0a8e7074053e14d4548ccd4f.jpg
bbe150eeac8481bc64aa0fb5157f3bc8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yer I like that, also think going for the Birch finish is worth it even though its nearly twice the price of standard ply. Also good idea with the vinegar gutter bolts, looks/has a better feel

single boy said:
Thks. Delilah. I tried Darren a week ago and same day he gave me a price and said he would set up an E Bay link for purchase. Did not happen ?and after me chasing him up 3 times to no avail I m looking elsewhere as I can t deal with somebody who does t at least communicate. Shame because I was interested in SkyTag which he also sells and I was hoping he would be able to cut out some 18mm board to make a seat.

I do know that a couple of weeks ago his area had the internet down for some reason ...it lasted a week or so to my knowledge so maybe he's up and running now. Hope you managed to sort something.

Latest posts