Hello. what happened to the price of doors?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
hello earlybayers.its been 3 years since i sold my bus and thought id stick my head in and say hello.main reason for the post.im going to a show at the weekend and was sticking some earlybay stuff in the van to sell.among loads over other stuff i have a 68/69 cab door to take with me.ive not followed the scene for a few years so popped on ebay to see what the door is worth.surely the ones at £500+ on there are just people trying it on?whats the going rate for a cali import straight door nowadays.

chris

Alright mate, how are you? price has crashed on doors..I'll do you a favour and take it off your hands for £50 :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All good thanks.you?its nice to see Lots of familia names still kicking about. I’ve just spent half hour looking in the for sale forum😳🤒

I'm good thanks mate, is it time to get back on the wagon then?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

None in America is breaking baywindow vans now because the complete vehicle is worth too much to them so it is VERY hard to find just doors now.
Also greedy Americans have pushed the price up not UK traders.( Who needs a rust free door if you live in California?)
Even if you are lucky to find any they are large items that then need shipping.
Then if advertised @ £400 customers look at 40 year old scratches and dents and want to offer £300!
Trust me UK taders are not going to get rich selling doors.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Supply and demand!

Oddly a 68 door, though rarer, may not sell as well due to the limited market.

I remember :lol: buying absolutely mint doors for my old van, complete and simply needing a matching top coat of paint, for about £100 each. Seemed a lot then!

I was the same clem.doors for mine were £90 each.so £300 would be a fair price?

strongy said:
I was the same clem.doors for mine were £90 each.so £300 would be a fair price?

Complete or bare? The components are all rare and expensive too!

Bare door original paint no rot.ive been meaning to stick it in for sale area on hear.

Latest posts