Help filling in V55/5

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beef

Reaction score
I've started filling in my V55/5 form to apply for a tax disc for my US import. The guidance notes say that I should take a lot of information from the certificate of conformity. Can anybody tell me what this is and where I should get it from? All I seem to have is the title document from the US.

Thanks

Only fill in the basics that you know from the title doc, the certificate of conformity is issued by the manufacturer but i believe its only for cars less than 30 years old so it wont exist for your bus.

I found this post to follow:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28984&p=245363&hilit=V55#p245363" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most of what i did fill out trying to get a fully completed log book just went by the wayside at the DVLA

My bus was registered in December 70. Title doc says 1971 (but if you read it actually says model year and not year of manufacture) i explained this expecting a J plate and got issued a H reg that is for pre August 70 :?: :!: :?:

Thanks Nugsy. My vehicle age certificate from the historic volkswagen club says that the serial number on my 72 was produced in august 71, although when I had my M plates decoded they said that the bus was made on 2/9/72. I wonder if they'll give me a K plate rather than an L?

Here you go:

d64f6f49.jpg

On the back to question 50 put 'Age'

Hi, just doing mine at the moment

what should the answer be for question 53?

Mine is a 69 7 seater deluxe

thanks

Whats the question say Luis?, the only one on the rear you need to fill in is Question 50 which is 'age'

Morning Guys
Anyone got a copy of the image Graham posted showing where to fill the V55 out? Its not showing on my pc
thanks

its showing on the thread

just sent it to you on messenger

Just been filling the form in to register my 72. As it's now m.o.t exempt I guess I don't have to do this before registering...but I then read that I need to insure it before registering?
Is this correct, if so-anyone know a friendly insurer that does policies temporarily on the vin number?

Donkers said:
Just been filling the form in to register my 72. As it's now m.o.t exempt I guess I don't have to do this before registering...but I then read that I need to insure it before registering?
Is this correct, if so-anyone know a friendly insurer that does policies temporarily on the vin number?
I sent mine in earlier this week with no insurance on it. Not heard back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok-can you let me know what happens please?
Not that I'm in a rush, just had to pull my new engine out due to leaking cam plug :roll:

Hi All,
Sent my V55/5 off end of last month after reading and following all forum advice on here
Received a letter today from The DVLA Vehicle Casework Unit stating "thanks for recent application to IMPORT the above vehicle" ??? my capitals. and going on to say " your application requires further investigation and will take up to 6 weeks "
Final paragraph " we will contact you please allow 6 weeks befor contacting us "
I rang them and after first stating they had no application from me !! ?? finally said they have it but its under investigation ? Wouldn t say why and that I would have to leave it with them .
I am 100 per cent all is in order with all the paperwork and looking forward to going on holiday before the 6 weeks.
Any ideas

Got my V5C yesterday. Yahh. So just the number plates now and then its on the road ! Took 4 weeks so not too bad I guess.

Great stuff, did you enclose proof of insurance with your application or just insure when you got the registration number?

I've had a response from DVLA and they want to examine the vehicle to confirm that their records are correct. This might be interesting as its partially stripped and on a rotisserie...........

Bit of an up date as to why my application was reffered. Got my paperwork back today including number plate authorisation certificate ! ( already got my plates ) Ha ha.
The paperwork included an OFT Referrals sheet
It said the reason for this referral was that the vehicle application was for a van that originated from Australia ? ? ?

Latest posts