Searching for an old family T2

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashmobile

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I'm new to this forum, so thank you for accepting me. I'm on the search for our old T2 that belonged to the family over 40 years ago. According to the searches I've done on DVLA website with the registration plate, she is still out there and enjoying life. She is a blue Devon (I think) reg: HHY 288L. She was sold on from the family in Bristol, which is where we still live. It would be great to find her and to know where she is now. Thanks in advance.

The form you need is V888. This instructs the DVLA to tell you either (you pick on the form) the current owner's details/owner at a specified time, or the entire vehicle owner history.

Problem is you need a valid reason to get the information. This is open to interpretation, so there's always the possibility that one person will reject your application where another would approve it.

For what it's worth- I have the entire history for my van, and the reason I gave was something along the lines of "as a VHI (vehicle of historic interest) I wanted to include the vehicles ownership history in it's documentation" or something like that. Came back OK.

You might be able to say "I wanted to offer the current owner the opportunity to sell it back to me" or "I made friends with a nice fella on holiday, who owned this van- I lost the contact details but would like to stay in touch" although I can't guarantee it'd work.

Wow! How did you find those pics?? That’s amazing - more clues for my search. Thank you

Dashmobile said:
Wow! How did you find those pics?? That’s amazing - more clues for my search. Thank you

Put the reg in google click on images

Latest posts