Vehicle manufacturing information.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampdoctor

Reaction score
My 1979 camper will be 40 years old in 2019 and hopefully become tax exempt,the van was first registered june 1979 but may well have been manufactured earlier,trying yo get a dating certificate to satisfy the DVLC with the above in mind without success,any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation.

Look on the M plate which lists all the details of the vehicle when it left the factory. It should be a stamped metal plate mounted on the seat bulkhead behind the left hand cab seat.
Then put your details into the decoder link below.

http://www.vw-mplate.com/mcode.php?lang=EN&plate_type=70-79&p2_CC_CCC_CCC=CC+CCC+CCC&p2_MMM1=MMM&p2_MMM2=MMM&p2_MMM3=MMM&p2_MMM4=MMM&p2_MMM5=MMM&p2_PPPPII=PPPPII&p2_MMM6=MMM&p2_MMM7=MMM&p2_MMM8=MMM&p2_MMM9=MMM&p2_DD_D=DD+D&p2_UUUU=UUUU&p2_EE=EE&p2_XXXX_TT=XXXX+TT

Can you not get a birth certificate from vw heritage. I got minethink the waiting time was about 2 months

Don't know about a certificate from VW Heritage, however when I first purchased my bus I sent off
to Germany for the real deal. I was or had to be extremely patient after paying for it .
Apparently where they come from had a staffing problem and there was only a single staff member
at the time doing the job of I believe four.
My email reply gave me all this info at the time after politely asking how long they were going to keep
my money before returning it or the documents. :lol: :lol: It finally arrived about 10 months later.

Hope this helps.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts