Engine trouble - in France

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olance

Reaction score
Hi all

Having some engine troubles in week 1 of 4 in France. Does anyone know of a garage near Limoges? Grasping at straws here but i'm hoping someone might know someone who might be able to Lou t me in the right direction. Probable fuel filter or points. Engine splutters etc after running for a while. A drop in speed cures it but weve got many miles to travel, it's unsettling. All help appreciated.

olance said:
Hi all

Having some engine troubles in week 1 of 4 in France. Does anyone know of a garage near Limoges? Grasping at straws here but i'm hoping someone might know someone who might be able to Lou t me in the right direction. Probable fuel filter or points. Engine splutters etc after running for a while. A drop in speed cures it but weve got many miles to travel, it's unsettling. All help appreciated.
Can't help with garages but it might be worth posting this up on the late bay as well. I know there are a couple of people on there who are based in France

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Are you on Volkszone? Brian Burrows lives near Limoges so may know somewhere.

Ive just had a google and found this place

http://www.lerelaisdelautoancienne.com/index.php

They say (from google translate)

"Aymeric : mechanic, with a specialty in automotive electricity, he repairs and maintains your old cars of all makes. He is at your disposal for making appointments and technical advice from Monday to Friday from 14h to 18h."

Here is the address in Limoges

THE RELAY OF THE OLD CAR - 57, avenue Georges GUINGOUIN, ZI Grossereix, 87280 LIMOGES.

Might be worth a visit?

Supermarket E10 fuel from E. Leclerc?? It's possible - it' s up to 10% ethanol and not all engines like it... Dodgy fuel did for me in Ireland last year and it was perfect when I got back with no other adjustments.

I stuck to the super unleaded on our recent french trip. Didn't fancy the E10

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Any updates on this? Did you get sorted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts