Front seat options

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugs626

Reaction score
Hi. I’m looking at replacing my driver and front passenger seat on my ‘72 for some that offer more comfort and support. Can anyone advise me which are the best in terms of comfort and easy to fit. Many thanks

Hi there and welcome to the Earlybay, I’m in a similar predicament myself. I’ve wrestled with the originals for quite a few years and I’m now toying with this very idea. The ones that I may be limited to are the Mazda sporty car seats. Supposed to be very comfortable and low in the squab which is my prime consideration because of my freaky personal dimensions, I’m six foot ish tall but with small and short chubby little legs, 28 inches inside leg which is pretty stumpy. All of that means I’m very long in the body and I’m a little stooped with stock seats. So you can get lots of different variations as in extras like electric seats, heated seats, speakers in headrest etc etc. Heated seats sounds like a great option with our feebleish heaters but I don’t think you’d want to run them without the motor running because of the alternator output.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, But most seats will fit, with imagination :mrgreen:

+1 for tombstones

Easy to fit as runners are flat. Only hard part is removing original rails off the wheel tub

Just put audi tt's in easy to fit but a little on tall side but doesn't matter to me as I'm fairly short 5'8" but still manage to drive ok +can still use hammock

Hi, we have had Nellie our ‘71 for 6 weeks and just back from a 1000mile road trip to Ireland and our only issue was a blown fuse 👍
However my wife’s back is in bits and my own isn’t in great shape either. Any tips on comfy front seats? I will check out the PT cruiser seats as posted above. Thanks Carl ( a newbie)

Thank you but we need something with a higher back. My wife suffered with a really bad back for years when we lived in Ireland but since moving to UK 5 years ago it got a lot better as we spend less time in the car here ( everything is close to where we live :) ) her back pain has started coming back so I’m looking for something that means we can enjoy Nellie although I know it’s not authentic

Sundial C S said:
T25 captains seats are the best, probably need the runners as well though .

We have a late bay, so the swap was easier as we have latebay sest runners. But the difference from stock seats to captain seats is like night and day. No horse hair seat base and backs and have the comfort and more supportive foam instead, and the T25 captain says are so comfy compared stock seats. But you'll need to fit later runners on both sides either get them from buttysbits or get good used (cheaper) ones from ebay :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Latest posts