New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just starting to sort through all the different shows to go to, there’s quite a few. Busfest, Dubs at the castle, and of course the bestest ever one will be the Earlybay Campout,

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,can’t wait. :mrgreen:

davla said:
Hi, just got myself an early bay :D

That’s brilliant, now tell us all about it and chuck on some fresh pictures :mrgreen: what year, talk us through what you’re gonna do with it, what colour, how’s it gonna end up, tell us what you know about the motor :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,Is it comfy? :mrgreen:

Here you go, it was exported to LA in 1968, then to Greece in 1982 and more recently to the UK about 4 years ago. It's still on Greek plates so I'm just waiting for the DVLA to give me an age related plate. I'm sprucing up the cabin first and then getting a mate to give it a thorough going over before kitting it out in the back.

Dear all...so I just drove my newly acquired '71 bay down from Scotland after picking it up from the family of a guy who had it (and for half of every year lived in) for over 45 years. He sadly recently died, but the van was kept in very good order with so much of the work being done himself. He kept a notebook dated and mileage logged for every bit of work done over those years and I have almost every MOT cert since 74, incredible. There are more unknown switches and electric mods, not to mention the entire interior covered in carpet tiles (for insulation assuming). I won't even mention the home made hi top...
Drove well with not a grumble, a smile on my face all the way... now safely installed at home ready to start the fun stuff. First job is getting some seat belts in the back for my two junior team members who are beside themselves giddy with their new friend.
Will get some pics up when I work out how but in the meantime thanks for such a great forum, it gave me the confidence to realise a lifelong dream to have my own van.
Anyone in the Hudds / Holmfirth area do say hello!

gingermonkey321 said:
Dear all...so I just drove my newly acquired '71 bay down from Scotland after picking it up from the family of a guy who had it (and for half of every year lived in) for over 45 years. He sadly recently died, but the van was kept in very good order with so much of the work being done himself. He kept a notebook dated and mileage logged for every bit of work done over those years and I have almost every MOT cert since 74, incredible. There are more unknown switches and electric mods, not to mention the entire interior covered in carpet tiles (for insulation assuming). I won't even mention the home made hi top...
Drove well with not a grumble, a smile on my face all the way... now safely installed at home ready to start the fun stuff. First job is getting some seat belts in the back for my two junior team members who are beside themselves giddy with their new friend.
Will get some pics up when I work out how but in the meantime thanks for such a great forum, it gave me the confidence to realise a lifelong dream to have my own van.
Anyone in the Hudds / Holmfirth area do say hello!

Sounds a interesting bus, I dont live too far away, Batley. SO if you need any help get in touch.

Hi guys I’m
New here I have a 70 Devon and looking for parts and advice and parts fowks are selling

Regards Gem

Hi everyone

After years of waiting I have recently bought a 1971 bay and loving it already. I live In reigate in surrey is there anyone who can recommend a local firm where I can get him serviced and there are a couple of electrical things that need some attention.

Thanks for your advice

Paul

Hi,New on here big thanks to johnny for getting me into site eventually 👍just finally managed to get at Devon Camper only took me about 30years,just need to sell my t4 now to justify spending.
ps I'm in Blackpool

Hi,New on here finally big shout for johnny for sorting it for me.
I'm in Blackpool after a lot of searching finally managed to get at Devon Camper so just to sell my t4 now to justify spending.

Repair poor work that's been done collecting bits for ,already sourced cooker.But got to repair or replace accelerator linkage as pedal has snapped off+ when I've cleaned floor up to repair there's 3 sets of holes,so looks as if someone's already had fun with it.
Got 2 new front doors to fit as they came with van +a few new seals, Will try to post as I get jobs done.But most importantly I need to sell my t4 or will be getting even more grief than usual from her indoors.

WoW, a whole bunch of new members. Some of us are just regaining full consciousness after the Bristol Volksfest over the weekend and more. Glad to hear people still hear about the Earlybay site. So big big welcome to the Rattybird,Chambers, FartinMartin and Westi57. Thanks for the pictures and don’t hold back.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,ts summertime, Rusty old busses, so what could possibly go wrong :mrgreen:

Latest posts