Storage Bag for Westfalia Roof Rack

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, after a load of research and reading reviews we bought a Handiholdall roof bag. Not the cheapest option, but the quality is excellent and has never leaked, even in the harshest of rain storms. It comes with internal poles so can be used on other vehicle roof systems, but it slots perfectly into the rear Westy roof rack without the poles.

https://www.handiworld.com/handiholdall.html - cheaper on third party sites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re using a roof bag or indeed any large storage bag it’s a safe bet that it will work much bettererer and for much longerer if you put the finished article in its storage bag into an Ikea bag then turn over and put into another Ikea bag, tie the string handles each time too. A pair of these bags are ninety nine point nine percent waterproof anyway and that will mean a heck of a lot less water will get anywhere near your storage bag and it’s contents. These Ikea bags are also very robust and will take a lot of the scuffs and knocks instead of your good storage bag and they’re reasonably priced and they don’t look like you got something expensive on your roof rack. I keep my Kingsize quilt and two pillows in this sort of set up and it keeps my bedding neat and tidy and most importantly dry although it’s always in the back of the van. And I got a pair for my firepit washing machine drum, and a pair for my cooking gubbins and bbq lid. Keep the grubby ones for the same job each time. Stops a lot of crap wreaking havoc in the back on the bed cushion.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, your bag should last longer by far :mrgreen:

Nice one. Using mine now and frees up so much room from the van. Got all my duvets and sleeping bags and pillows in it. Enjoy!

Latest posts