So, talk to me about image hosting sites

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve given up, not gonna bother with my thread anymore.

3rd time it’s happened to me

:roll:

That's weird - my links are deleted as well but I can repost them as per the test above.

Maybe it's a glitch that they'll fix?

I personally upload via Tapatalk app - not sure where these photos are stored, but working ok so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also upload via tapatalk app with no problems from iphone.

Also wondering if you could use Google photos,
think you would need a gmail account and to make your pictures/album public this should then give you links to pictures in the usual way.

You may have to add "?.jpg" at the end of the link to get it to work

a rough how to here although not sure how old these instructions are
https://sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/Home/Picasa-FAQ/google-photos-1/how-to/how-to-get-a-direct-link-to-an-image

scratch that

You can use Flikr (you may need a yahoo account)

photos/albums have to be made public which I think they are as default when you upload them to be aware

a free account you get 1tb of space

think flikr are a bit sneaky in terms of copyright of images if that concerns you

test of image from flikr below using normal forum bb code
27692824298_6ab86680b6_z.jpg

Since Photobucket I've been using http://tinypic.com/

No guaranty they'll be there for ever, and no good to maintain a personal library - but dead simple to upload a photo and get link for forums

Flickr works for me, simple to use.

K@rlos i understand your frustration with previous photo sites but i hope you and others have a change of heart as i have gained very useful information from your posts in the past.

alot of info on here and the pictures go along way to helping identify things.

Cheers Al

owlebay said:
Flickr works for me, simple to use.

K@rlos i understand your frustration with previous photo sites but i hope you and others have a change of heart as i have gained very useful information from your posts in the past.

alot of info on here and the pictures go along way to helping identify things.

Cheers Al

I appreciate that, thanks. I may if there is a proven and secure method.

The Postimages pictures that i had added have gone as well but when logging into Postimage they are all still there so hopefully its just a glitch at their end.
If not then i hope someone comes up with a way of doing it through Google pictures or from Apple iCloud as i am not sure i will be doing it again after Photobucket and possibly now, Postimage not working as it takes quite a while to do.
And this forum and others will suffer as without pic's its not as interesting/good. Fingers crossed someone can come up with long term solution.

Sausage said:
The Postimages pictures that i had added have gone as well but when logging into Postimage they are all still there so hopefully its just a glitch at their end.

I think postimg have changed their hosting server / domain.

Change your image links from .org to .cc and they should work.

sparkywig said:
As post image has joined photobucket in deleting all my picture links, I need somewhere to host all my pics.
Any suggestions?

I like https://postimg.cc so far. Fast and easy to use with no long signup process etc.

cunning plan said:
Sausage said:

This worked for me, thanks cunning plan.

Sausage said:
cunning plan said:
Sausage said:

This worked for me, thanks cunning plan.

Glad it helped :D

Latest posts