Wing mirrors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGPlant

Reaction score
What are the best quality wing mirrors to buy for a T2 these days? Always used to be Hagus. Thanks!

AGPlant said:
What are the best quality wing mirrors to buy for a T2 these days? Always used to be Hagus. Thanks!

I would be interested in this because ours are a pain in the butt as they keep moving. i.e. When you shut the door, sneeze, cough, wind above 10mph! :evil:

Hagus are still ‘The’ ones. Original Hagus seem to be a little thin on the ground. The copies that are available have a slightly different version of ‘summer’ chrome to ensure they reach a healthy level of platinisation much much quicker than the original style just to have it in keeping :shock: :lol: :shock: Now the bigger issue is they won’t stop still and there are a couple of reasons for this but it seems to revolve around the lack of thread to keep it in the door and you can’t do them up too tight because the thread is also made of toffee or chocolate depending on which brand you’ve gone for. One thread (pun intended) on here or maybe the LateBay ;) was saying that increasing the threaded area really made a huge difference to them and they then behaved a tad more civilised. So get some new ones, add to the threaded areas where it fits the door and leave the original bit that is in the door if you can. Possibly a splodge of thread lock when you’re installing once you’ve got them where you want them :D . I’ve gone for OTT trucker mirrors with a much more advanced version of summer chrome that I’ve covered with cling film . With monster sized mirrors, you can check stuff out in the mirrors for much much longer than normal ;) 8) ;) butts and things :roll: and the one downside is that when you’re at about 98% concentration (auto pilot) :? You occasionally see things that aren’t there when approaching roundy bouts because you see cars following as they look like they’re approaching from your right. :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, original is best but rare. :mrgreen:

Do these look original or more recent copies? I’d assume the latter.

Is there anywhere that will refurbish original ones? Mine (US import) appeared to have the glass changed but the adhesive looks like it was applied using a blindfold and shovel :)) I bought a set of new ones, sent the first set back due to chipped chrome and being sent 2 of the same side. The replacement set are better but I prefer the quality of the originals.

Latest posts