Auto electrician/restore wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRAD

Reaction score
Hi, I am fed up with all my electrical gremlins and have decided to just get the bus rewired.........

Easier said than done, I can't find anyone to do it unless it's a long way away. :?

Does anyone know somewhere decent within a couple of hours drive of Gatwick who could supply and fit a new loom on my 69 Westy please?

Cheers :)

If you have easy access to the existing loom and under dash, the DIY kits from the likes of rapid looms etc really are idiot proof. Had mine done in a day and I'm not that much into electrics.

If you’re able to remove your dash it makes life a whole lot easier, the front to back loom is straightforward enough too as there’s only about half a dozen wires to sort out as well as the rear lights etc ... as Webbaldo says, they really are plug and play ... plus it’ll allow you to get rid of any dodgy add-ons that the van may have accumulated over the years.
Go for it ... there’s enough knowledge on here to answer any queries you might have [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Mat, my next excuse is that I use mine as a daily driver.

I'd rather someone else did it, I did ask VW JIM as I've used him before for other stuff but he wasn't keen.

BRAD said:

I'd rather someone else did it, I did ask VW JIM as I've used him before for other stuff but he wasn't keen.

Give Iain Burns a call from Aircooled Auto Elec (find him via google/Facebook/insta). He travels to you. He’s just rewired my bus.. he’s done a great job!

bing350 said:
BRAD said:

Give Iain Burns a call from Aircooled Auto Elec (find him via google/Facebook/insta). He travels to you. He’s just rewired my bus.. he’s done a great job!

Had Iain fit a new loom (with new bladed fuse box) to mine aswell.
Top bloke, did a great job. Definitely recommend him.

Latest posts