Spark plug leads.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gas1man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
This winter the engine was coming out for a new rear main oil seal.
So I thought I would treat Boris to a new set of uprated leads and at the same time order them in blue. :oops:

Ordered them and when they arrived and I went to measure them :evil: :evil: :evil: Wrong size.
On the phone ............whats the story. I got a set of type 4 leads in place of type 2.
Now this as it turned out was neither my fault or the suppliers.

The main reason for the write up is the service I received to fix the problem.
OUTSTANDING and in this day and age. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Posted wrong ones back including a little for postage and the new ones arrived pronto.

Considering the chap is a one man band , fantastic service all round. Phone manner
and very pleasant to talk to and very understanding. Not sure if anybody has dealt with him before.
I did look through the site but found nothing. I am not affiliated or gaining anything from this
write up, just thought one good deed deserved another.

(mods please move if in wrong place)

Great link apart from the spelling on quote, friendly or not :shock: I’ll try this fella for my next set of leads, :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,, sounds great., :mrgreen:

Hi there, (first post on any forum ever in 24 years of bay ownership!!), I also ordered a set of leads from this chap, same problem - didn't fit my type 1 engine, turned out I needed the type 4 set. Again, he was very helpful, no problem sending them back, and refunded me very quickly. I haven't got round to ordering the correct set yet, but as soon as I've got a spare 30 quid, I definitely will. How did you find the quality of the replacement set by the way??
Cheers
Mike

First post ever, that’s fantastic. You certainly don’t like to rush things do you ;) well let’s hope the next one doesn’t take quite so long. If the leads were a rubbish fit, I think he would have said so, he’s quite straight talking. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, I had to ask a lot more questions than you I guess :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ozzie is quite right , possibly difficult for some to get their head around.
Very straight talking, and the cause or reason is probably the South African upbringing. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway the fit is perfect , they would of been as the gent asked me for the measurements and they were made to that.
Quality is very good and they are hand put together, with different thickness's to.
All's well that ends well and another happy customer.

J & P
:D :D :D

I've never thought about it Ozziedog, but yes you're probably right I'm not one for rushing. I've been with my girlfriend for 27 years, and she's still just that. Girlfriend.

Pig180 said:
I've never thought about it Ozziedog, but yes you're probably right I'm not one for rushing. I've been with my girlfriend for 27 years, and she's still just that. Girlfriend.

Perfect, I’ve been living in this little house with Mrs Ozziedog for thirty plus years and we’ve never actually managed to get around to getting married yet. :shock:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,so,, snap! :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Like your style Ozziedog, Very sensible. No hasty decisions. I may even do another post. But I'll have a little think about it first....:-?

Pig180 said:
Like your style Ozziedog, Very sensible. No hasty decisions. I may even do another post. But I'll have a little think about it first....:-?

You just go steady there, I got a bettererer idea.,, let’s meet up in a field in the summer somewhere and discuss this ! :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,obviously over a Stella or two :mrgreen:

Sounds good. Come to the FNL show in Cornwall this year. Not sure about the wifebeater though.. Mind you, with the lack of collective wives........

Latest posts