New here / retro hifi head unit

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephenf

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently having a '71 bay renovated and looking for a retro head unit. Must support CD and bluetooth for calls and music; support for DAB a bonus.

Has anyone found anything better than this Auna unit?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/auna-RMD-Sender-One-Bluetooth-Stereo-Cinch-Hands-free/dp/B01MUET0IS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1519000039&sr=8-8&keywords=auna%2Bcar%2Bcd%2Bbluetooth&th=1

thanks
Stephen

Retro Sounds is probably your other option. I don’t have one myself but believe that they do a number of models

Yep, Retrosounds, I've got on in my Bay, not sure about Bluetooth though.
https://www.retromanufacturing.com/pages/radios

I’m always looking at this sort of stuff but not getting something and changing it. I really like the look of this one. I keep thinking that the sound quality is gonna be crap but I keep forgetting that it can’t be as crap as the old original one I got in there now, and that’s if I can find an am station anyway. So this one is single din, does that mean I got to cut my dashboard? That’s one of my issues if I do. There’s quite a few units if you look around but can any one clear up that one little thing for me? Does single din mean I got to cut out for a square hole in my dash

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, looks great too ! :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
I’m always looking at this sort of stuff but not getting something and changing it. I really like the look of this one. I keep thinking that the sound quality is gonna be crap but I keep forgetting that it can’t be as crap as the old original one I got in there now, and that’s if I can find an am station anyway. So this one is single din, does that mean I got to cut my dashboard? That’s one of my issues if I do. There’s quite a few units if you look around but can any one clear up that one little thing for me? Does single din mean I got to cut out for a square hole in my dash

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, looks great too ! :mrgreen:

Not wanting to sound like an advocate for Retrosounds here but the beauty of the unit is that it fits in a pretty small hole in the dash and you use a vast selection of plates and knob's (ooeerr) to make it look however you like. I still have the original size hole in my dash, no enlarging required and that was one of the factors that made me go for it along with the selection of knobs that mean I have zero chrome on the unit so it matches the plain black dash and gauges. I've not migrated my pic's away from Photofukwit yet but if you have the Google plugin gizmo thingy you can see a pic of mine here:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68375

On the negative side as it looks pretty plain I always forget what the buttons and knobs do and end up randomly going through radio/usb music not in the order I wanted but that's life.

Latest posts