Anyone n the Bristol area got a working 009 or svda dizzy I could borrow for a tuning test

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozworth

Reaction score
Hi all ,following a rather costly rolling road sesh to get my Carbs dialed in and to eliminate my flat spot ,we found that my Bosch svda dizzy was not advancing correctly .So I left with instructions to get my dizzy refurbed and then come back. I sent my dizzy off to be overhauled and after it was bench tested they couldn't find any fault .Ive since run it on another bus motor and it seems fine and also mine today and it again seems to be advancing correctly.However after coming away from the rolling road last time £180 lighter and still not tuned / jetted correctly I want to make sure I'm covered with another dizzy as backup if mine plays up .I figured if needs be I could fitba 009 and at least get it jetted pretty much bang on so that I can then just get my own dizzy after.
If anyone in the Bristol area has a 009 or svda dizzy I could borrow so I have a backup plan that would be great .
Please PM me if you could help ,cheers in advance
Ja.

If your rolling road tuner is not an old school or aquainted with the aircooled VW engine you might be better off finding another one. The ACVW engine needs to be a bit on the rich side to work and cool properly. Modern mechanics tend not know that and tune all engines as they do water cooled ones, leaving us old farts with flat spots, over heating and high fuel consumption.
Any mechanic that knows how to use a timing light should be able to identify if your distributor is advancing correctly, so before you change the dist make sure your tuner knows his onions. The fact you left the RR and still unhappy kind of ring some bells.
I have both dists if you want to borrow them, let me know and i can post it for you or we can meet sometime in the next three weeks as i will be in Chepstow if you not in a hurry.
Abel

Latest posts